Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ugh. Wife’s tires isn’t covered under the warranty. That 50 buck a tire road hazard warranty I paid for is only good at the location it was bought at... that location closed 6 weeks ago. Even though it is the same franchise, the stores are independents.

There’s 200 bucks.
That sounds like some big :bs_flag:right there. I'd be on the horn to parent co for sure. How many miles? No manufacturer warranty? AND, I rarely pay for extra warranty, 50 per tire? No way...Only one I recall paying off was like 25 years ago -a Kenmore canister vac that cracked. Was probably 5 years old. Gave us a new one.

That was not fun... Figured with the temp going near 90 today, I would get out and do something 'quick'. Decided with everything being wet, didn't want to play in the wood chip pile. So, fired up the chainsaw. Ran out one tank of gas. Moved most of cut the wood over to the other pile. Some of the big ones I will get the hand truck out for next time. That will likely be the extent of my manual labor for the day. Supposed to rain again this afternoon.

Last edited:
That sounds like some big :bs_flag:right there. I'd be on the horn to parent co for sure. How many miles? No manufacturer warranty? AND, I rarely pay for extra warranty, 50 per tire? No way...Only one I recall paying off was like 25 years ago -a Kenmore canister vac that cracked. Was probably 5 years old. Gave us a new one.
I did call the parent company. The warranty sold to me is one that isn’t backed by the parent company. And the manufacturers warranty won’t cover it. It looks to have been cut down. Probably ran over something. As for miles, less than 2500

And yes, normally I don’t take the added warranties but this was done by my wife while I was on orders. She didn’t catch it.

@Unconventional they now saying that big earthquake did in fact cause damage to roads and even injured some people.
Looks like there was a 5.4 aftershock about midnight, I think. USGS uses GMT or UTC sum frickin foreign time zone on their map.
They evacced the local hospital yesterday due to some safety concerns. There's some sizable quake activity in western Canada also.

falconfriIII.jpg

It's Falcon Friday! Gooood morning!

Chiropractor at 1:30 today. I don't know what happened but I got out of the shower a couple hours ago and was just standing at the foot of the bed sorting clothes when something slipped in my middle back. It took my breath away and about brought me to my knees. Damn, there goes my car show plans.

Chiropractor at 1:30 today. I don't know what happened but I got out of the shower a couple hours ago and was just standing at the foot of the bed sorting clothes when something slipped in my middle back. It took my breath away and about brought me to my knees. Damn, there goes my car show plans.
Hopefully it’s just a stinger.

Got timing cover off. Looks like
The chain was rubbing the cover.
Nylon teeth, not falling apart yet.
Just have to line up the marks and swap in the new parts.

That sucks... I hope the chiropractor can bend you back into shape...

(Round is a shape... LOL!!!) :poke:

My yoga instructor showed up drunk once... It put me in an awkward position.... :rolleyes:

I met a new neighbor yesterday. I can't recall his name although I do remember his dog's names :BangHead:. Going to keep my eyes out for him. A hot rod kinda guy. Said he's working on "one" of his projects a '70 SS Chevelle. Very well spoken and knowledgeable in the hot rod vernacular. His next project he said is an early Falcon he wants to get in the middle 8s. Subframed, caged, tubs, etc. Turboed BBC. We must have talked for an hour. Sounds like fun.

Chain is in, timing cover back on. Owner has no Couth when it comes to parts replacement that involve gaskets. Cranked bolts down that bottomed before part tightens up. Just slam that greasy part back on.
Lack of knowledge i guess.

Tim hasn't been on this morning. Hopefully he is putting some miles behind him by now. Was planning to be done rose duty and out of there by 10am CA time. That was 2 hours ago...

Tim hasn't been on this morning. Hopefully he is putting some miles behind him by now. Was planning to be done rose duty and out of there by 10am CA time. That was 2 hours ago...

He's hauling *** in his truck, racing the earthquake as the earth crumbles behind him while he makes a narrow escape....

-
Back