Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What do you guys use for wiper blades? I got a set of the old metal frames I would like to find refills for. I thought someone said NAPA had them. Stopped there and they said no go. Right now I am running a set that I painted silver so they would look close to original.. I looked at the 'classic', but the back is a single piece and just looks wrong...
No one is currently selling the push button refills in the US - even though they are being made - or at least a batch was made recently. :realcrazy:
exception is 16" which can be purchased from "Classic" under the OER brand.

So the alternatives are old stock or using a universal refill with the clip on the end. Just make sure the universal is wide enough to stay in the claws.

Some A-bodies (not '67) came with "single claw" blades by Trico. I have some part numbers written down from late 60s - not sure if I have any cross ref info or photos. Something to look at on survivor cars.

No one is currently selling the push button refills in the US - even though they are being made - or at least a batch was made recently. :realcrazy:
exception is 16" which can be purchased from "Classic" under the OER brand.

So the alternatives are old stock or using a universal refill with the clip on the end. Just make sure the universal is wide enough to stay in the claws.
Hmm, maybe I saw the 16’s. I need 15’s. So, who is making them? Need to import them and bring a batch to Carlisle next year...

Don’t know if NOS would last long if used. Maybe get a set to swap on for shows. But then they can’t be any worse than chin-o-rubber

Hmm, maybe I saw the 16’s. I need 15’s. So, who is making them? Need to import them and bring a batch to Carlisle next year...
The short version:
Classic had pretty correct 15" and 16" replacement blades in their catalog.
But they only had the 16" refills. When I was ordering I asked about the 15" - since obviously "OER" "made" the refills for the new blades. Salesman said he'ld find out. He got back to me saying they were looking into and then he disappeared.

OER seems to be some sort of operation without any manufacturing facilities of their own. Found a street address and looked on google maps and its some sort of office building and maybe a showroom.

Don’t know if NOS would last long if used. Maybe get a set to swap on for shows. But then they can’t be any worse than chin-o-rubber
I have an old stock set on my car now. Lucked out on amazon marketplace one day. lemme chow down and send you the little info I have.

Some A-bodies (not '67) came with "single claw" blades by Trico. I have some part numbers written down from late 60s - not sure if I have any cross ref info or photos. Something to look at on survivor cars.

Pictures

20190709_195458_HDR.jpg

20190709_195514_HDR.jpg

20190709_195532_HDR.jpg

20190709_195546.jpg

I actually know of a Dark Green with black interior, 1967 GTX Hemi/4spd sitting here in town. Unfortunately he wont sell and it is being reclaimed by mother earth. Has been sitting since the early 70's. So sad...

-
Back