Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There is no vent to the filler tube or anywhere else on this car. Hmmmmm
The early system looks like this - can't miss it.
upload_2019-7-15_14-29-21.png

Maybe yours had the charcoal cannister???

My buddy Terry stopped over with my wheels that I got from @604B1duster at Carlisle and we went and put them on. A fun new look for the
ol' 66.

20190715_123445.jpg

20190715_123433.jpg

20190715_123339.jpg

20190715_123323.jpg

20190715_123250.jpg

20190715_123229.jpg

20190715_122557.jpg

Last edited:
So it was time to trade off my Company beater work truck. This one followed me home. And no Sublime is not offered this year and you can't special order it either. Dang it! This will just have to do.

View attachment 1715363963

Park the Challenger a lil bit closer so I can see what Sublime pinstripes would look like on there :lol:.

We are home. Nine hour or so drive each day. Weather and bumper to bumper traffic in a few places were the slow downs each day.
We had a great time and talked about next year!!
Looking forward to it!!

We are home. Nine hour or so drive each day. Weather and bumper to bumper traffic in a few places were the slow downs each day.
Looking forward to it!!
Good you had a safe trip. Sounds like historic sightseeing is on your schedule for next year.

should have gotten white, had it repainted lol
Funny you say that, I explained to the dealer I was in no rush and they could simply paint a white one in their paint shop then roll the cost right into the lease. Nope, they couldn't do that either. Sadly the economy is rocking to the point that there were no incentives or anything. There is zero pressure on the dealers, they are selling more cars then they can get. I like a great economy as much as the next guy but danged if it didn't bite me this time! The truck I traded just expired a 4 year lease. When I leased it 4 years ago the dealers were doing anything they could to move inventory. I got all kind of incentives to lease for our fleet rigs. just sayin....

Looking forward to it!!
Was nice meeting you and the wife!
Glad you made it back
You could all meet at Denny's big top tent. He is a very gracious host and a couple dozen FABO guys hang out there. Usually all A Body's there.
yeah

Funny you say that, I explained to the dealer I was in no rush and they could simply paint a white one in their paint shop then roll the cost right into the lease. Nope, they couldn't do that either. Sadly the economy is rocking to the point that there were no incentives or anything. There is zero pressure on the dealers, they are selling more cars then they can get. I like a great economy as much as the next guy but danged if it didn't bite me this time! The truck I traded just expired a 4 year lease. When I leased it 4 years ago the dealers were doing anything they could to move inventory. I got all kind of incentives to lease for our fleet rigs. just sayin....
yep that’s why we’re holding off on a new car for the wife.

Well, got the tank and fuel line out of the Demon right after work. Fuel line was clean but the tank is shot inside!! The 5 gallons of gas I poured in yesterday came out like black/brown swamp water, chunks and all. Thank God it was clogged. Cant imaging the carb issues I would have had. New tank, fuel lines, sending unit, etc on Wed. And install on Friday.

helmet.jpg

Sublime on black pinstripes I know well.
The race helmet in matte black is striped in a similar fashion.
2nd ride cancelled, too bloody windy.
Adult beverage time. :D

I'm with Mike - Try to save the sending unit.
Took three tries to get a good line for '67. One issue was '67 lines were unique to that year. or at least that was my conclusion. The other issue Mike or Keith mentioned - when they rolled it up for shipping they permanently put a flat in the bend. Third attempt worked out. Fwustwaitin.

-
Back