Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
All he does is 67-69 Barracuda's for the last 40 years, the last 20 as a full-time job. He knows them inside and out.
The red caps? Makes sense, but he have proof? I have never seen them, BUT I am not a pro like him.....He have a part number/reference from FSM?
s-l640.jpg

This was untouched as far as I knew.....1967

Last edited:
I have seen those red caps. I figured they were just a safety cap so you don't scratch up your arm or your stuff when you're in the trunk.

I have seen those red caps. I figured they were just a safety cap so you don't scratch up your arm or your stuff when you're in the trunk.
Now that we are talking about it, I do remember one of my cars had them as well.....To reduce corrosion on the tail light fasteners it seems...

Now that we are talking about it, I do remember one of my cars had them as well.....To reduce corrosion on the tail light fasteners it seems...
I think they were dual purpose, keep corrosion down, and keep from dinging hands, in the trunk

Oh man its hot.
Working on el camino is a nice change. All the brakes are new,but been sitting a long while. A good drive will loosen up the rust.
Otherwise its pretty decent.
The wheels got swapped to rally wheels. Nicer than the turbines.

So I just got back from body shop, new completion date on Demon is 9/1. At least it is being sanded. He explained the paint was very poorly applied and aircraft stripper did not work well but razor blade peeled it right off? Showing my ignorance here but I have no idea what he meant? Wonder if that remark is prepping me for a taller price than agreed upon?

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

So I just got back from body shop, new completion date on Demon is 9/1. At least it is being sanded. He explained the paint was very poorly applied and aircraft stripper did not work well but razor blade peeled it right off? Showing my ignorance here but I have no idea what he meant? Wonder if that remark is prepping me for a taller price than agreed upon?

View attachment 1715372201

View attachment 1715372202

View attachment 1715372203

View attachment 1715372204
Dunno, if razor blade peeled it, to me thats less work. Instead of $50 for stripper its $.25 for a razor blade. Way less clean up imho..
Progress nonetheless!

-
Back