Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
07 malibu for a wheel bearing today, then back to getting the 79 cadillac into shop and check why its not charging.
I getting tired of the bull work, need a break with some brain teasing diagnostics..

Sorry I'm late we can begin...Good Morning!!
Being retired I need to find something to keep me busy.

LOL the wife was walking out to the car to check on her friends mother while away thought it was 6PM!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Hops found out the Industrial Chrome place here in town, been in business forever is also doing zinc nickel coating.
Is that like a powder coating process. Just give me the short version...ok maybe a little more than Yes or NO.

Like plating. I do zinc it basically electrically takes zinc from a anode and transfers it to ferrous materials (steel)

Have not looked into nickle wonder if it can be done here without a lot of equipment?

Have not looked into nickle wonder if it can be done here without a lot of equipment?
Well let me double check that...wait one.
I talked to guy yesterday wasn't to expensive.
They are busy so a two week turn around.
Have a few parts on the Barracuda that seemed to have gotten painted over the years. I'd like to blast them and re-plate them.

Careful blasting them the you have to re smooth them just like prepping for paint but no primer. Muriatic acid will remove plating just have to be safe with it, it will hurt you.
Near the end in here.
Zinc Plating with Common Materials
Well now that I think of it the guy said they could strip the parts. Might just let them do it.

So things like filler tubes could be zinc plated? Was looking at the barracuda one and its rough.
I can clean it up but it will rust again.

So things like filler tubes could be zinc plated? Was looking at the barracuda one and its rough.
I can clean it up but it will rust again.
I'm plan on doing it with the one I just picked up.

I'm back from my "other" coffee group. Really raining here this morning. Its suppose to break for awhile around noon and then rain all afternoon. I'll take that break and load the car.
Mitch you been there done that with your RR. I'll tell you putting one together has been fun, but the little bolts and stuff can be a PIA. I find myself going out at night and asking is that correct etc... We have it down finally to a few things left. It won't be absolute perfect, but darn close. I'm sure when its all done I'll be happy, but on the other hand wonder what I'm going to do with my spare time?? You can only go to the gym so many hours a day. :D

Last edited:
Half shift at work tonight. :thumbsup: Was supposed to get up early tomorrow to go to a car show with my cousin. But... now his wife is sick and my aunt(his mom) has been in the hospital most of the week. So,we are probably going to visit my aunt and not sure if I will get to the show at all. :(

Sitting at DMV. Plate renewals and a set for the Demon. Whenever I get done that is...

-
Back