Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I sent off a few e-mails. Will see what happens on monday. If i hit a wall, i will start looking at a new one. Dont really want to finance a snap-on,but may be my easiest option.

If it's a generic style cable, a cable manufacturer may be able to make one...

So i did pull cable and box it up to send to city to get a new one made. If they can, great.
I put a label on box.”caution! Greasy porcupine inside!!”
Fair warning so they cant be pissed off when they pull it out,as its spiny and really greasy. One thing i really disliked about the hoist, the grease imbedded in the cables.

So i did pull cable and box it up to send to city to get a new one made. If they can, great.
I put a label on box.”caution! Greasy porcupine inside!!”
Fair warning so they cant be pissed off when they pull it out,as its spiny and really greasy. One thing i really disliked about the hoist, the grease imbedded in the cables.

As a former crane oiler, grease is good for cables. The only cables we didn't grease were the ones used for rigging loads. Those were considered expendable. The load lines and gantry cables were kept well lubed.

As a former crane oiler, grease is good for cables. The only cables we didn't grease were the ones used for rigging loads. Those were considered expendable. The load lines and gantry cables were kept well lubed.
The way i see it, the grease attracts dirt and grit.
And working near it and its a stain on your clothes. And impossible to clean them.
Every other hoist i ever used had clean cables.

My wife apparently makes too much money. She doesn't have to be a smart shopper! :wtf:

View attachment 1715376526

I wouldn't have caught that either......that is why I hate shopping for groceries.

My family has a lady who we send for all the shopping. I don't remember her name but its a great big Mexican name. I don't speak Mexican so I don't know, but she is absolutely awesome at shopping and cooking.

The way i see it, the grease attracts dirt and grit.
And working near it and its a stain on your clothes. And impossible to clean them.
Every other hoist i ever used had clean cables.
Cables under load really work the strands against themselves...Can turn to dust. Hence the grease.

Cables under load really work the strands against themselves...Can turn to dust. Hence the grease.
I agree, moreso under heavier loads.
1/2” cable on 4 posts is hardly working. I was just going to remove the offending strand but i want it 100%.

Typical open wheel night at the speedway with one tiny exception. It got so bloody foggy we couldn't see the back straight from the bleachers. Good thing they use transponders for scoring now or the scorers would have been having a real issue. We have been fogged out before. Good show before the fog rolled in.

And here i am again. Been up since 04:00.
Goodmorning.

First cup here now. Prob a triplet morning today.
DSC_0102edit.jpg

-
Back