Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's Carlisle rules for sure.

Hey, it's got oranges in it. What the heck!

20190713_133302.jpg

@Sublime one Hey you and the bride coming to Chi town for the show next month??
Not sure yet on Chicago trip. Jodi’s Dad passing has put a serious kink in all of our plans. My happy plan is yes! Don’t want to miss an opportunity to sip some Vodka and well whatever ya got in the cooler that day. Heck Cheryl might even be able to talk me into some Crown! There are worse things

I look at Mitches posts and simply think sometimes the world is just not fair as I still work like a dog! Hah! Good on ya Mitch!
Hey... I worked my skinny *** off for 30 years to be able to do all this.... All hard work pays off, in the end....:thumbsup:

Happy Tuesday.. Kinda wish it was Monday part 2 this week. Monday wasn't bad, LOL.
At least weatherwise, we are not so lucky. Supposed to rain all day.

We got our internet back tonight, ahead of the scheduled visit tomorrow morning. Just ran a few speed tests. Ranges from 1.6 to a blistering 2.2Mbps lol. They found the problem in the line a little ways up the road. So if I had an appointment for tomorrow and someone else had an appointment for today. Wouldn't that mean they called in before I did? So, it would seam they already knew there was a problem before I called. Yet they 'ran a test' and told me my line tested good. All the way into my house! I asked them how they did that and they of course had no good answer. I actually thought the problem might be between the house and pole. But they found the problem like a quarter mile away. So were they flat out lying, or just how crappy is there test? Or is it because their signal is so F'ng slow it got lost?

There are limitations to how far and how fast they can push a DSL signal from your phone company. That speed sounds pretty normal for people that are just on the out skirts of their service boundaries.

There are people that can't get the signal at all because they are past the 3 mile range from the phone company's main junction boxes.

After 3 miles from the junction box the the singal does a nose dive. They can go into the junction box and turn up the speed (pressure) but then it gets to the point the signal will blow out the side of the copper wire as it is trying to get to you. Much like a garden hose that has a blow out in the middle of the hose, spraying out water as you are trying to use it.

General rule if you are inside the 3 mile range then you are in a position to get the 5 mbps DSL service.

I have been through all of this over the years as I am right at the 3 mile range from the switch box. Average speeds are 2.5 mbps to 5 mbps. and feel lucky to get it, from Frontier Communications.

Well on the boat, bunk is made and I'm headed to sleep. Back on nights again. Have a great day everyone.

I think Matt and I were heading back from the cars. Got there a little after that pic. But the beer was still good :thumbsup:

-
Back