Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If the fire is in a national forest here in Ca., CalFire pretty much just says "There's a fire in Los Padres National Forest. Not our bag. " :BangHead: BLM land the same.
go figure. still trying to understand the benefit CA has to the union other than bikini clad babes, as far as their government is concerned

I have measured on Google Earth, from our house, to where it looks like the fire symbol is, and it says 21 miles. But, the fire went south towards us, so it might be shorter too.

The CalFire map last year showed how the fire moved and you could see everything. This year they have a new map, and without any information other than a fire symbol, and who knows where that is placed. And there is no scale showing distances either on the new map. Totally useless.

CAL FIRE: Statewide Fire Map

Bill
Here Bill, try this resource.

Real-time Fire Map

1A9B828E-6DA6-4DAC-9B8D-D2B195E58BEF.jpeg

Thank you. New distance, about 17 miles from my house to the south end of the fire.

Well, my Grand Marquis is "reparert" (repaired in Norwegian). And I need to go to Windsor to Walmart and get a couple of 5 gallon jugs of water. And I need to go to the grocery store, and I have other plans I might tell about when I am back home. Oh, I need Mag light bulbs too, for the mini mags.

Bill

I assume here too, it was more about where some peoples priorities are. From what I hear after California legalized pot, both the prices and criminal acts has gone up about 40% in this area. Yahoooooooooooo

Bill
but but but but but but they (the politicians) said that wouldn't happen

I assume here too, it was more about where some peoples priorities are. From what I hear after California legalized pot, both the prices and criminal acts has gone up about 40% in this area. Yahoooooooooooo

Bill

As much as the US Forest Service hates to admit it, there's been pot plantations all over Los Padres National Forest for the almost 40 years I've lived here. Very seldom do you ever read about a raid out there, but when they do, it's a biggun :lol:

You guys aren't talking politics here are you? I hope not. We don't want the thread moved.

-
Back