Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Packing, leaving for Florida in the morning for 10 days. A little early this year because of family things coming soon. We drive down because I hate to fly, but it's getting a little more difficult each year to drive 1200 miles in two days. It's worth it for a few days of just plain relaxation.

I have done that same trip every year for 20 years now. 1400 miles, straight through 22 hours. Just dont think I want to do it anymore..

Need to get busy here. Neighbor's kid brought his splitter over. Said it had not been run in a long time, but looks like a pretty good one. Maybe pull the plug and look, but I expect it will fire up with some fresh gas.

Need to get busy here. Neighbor's kid brought his splitter over. Said it had not been run in a long time, but looks like a pretty good one. Maybe pull the plug and look, but I expect it will fire up with some fresh gas.
Have fun. Getting a new Fridge today, one it is replacing freezes everything, wont shut off, without unplugging!

Same crap going on in here Ty
Yeah I haven't been too into cars lately, haven't worked on any or anything mechanical aside from my BMX bike lol

I'm thinking in 2 years or so I might go looking for someone's project duster with a good engine, but like bad paint or something. I eventually wanna make a move to AZ and avoid cold weather forever lol

Don't really care for doing the motorswap routes anymore. I was also infatuated with the 4eye foxbodies, so who knows what I'll end up with... lol

This is how I was spending my summer though lol..

image_from_ios.png

4th cup.
Just replaced a heater resustir in an f150. 10 minutes. told him it was easy.
Hes bringing truck for a bunch of front end work,nice. Shop just did tires for him and called a few worn out parts. But i got the work.

We gonna get some Santa Ana action today. Barometer here 29.70, barometer in Nevada 30.40. Here it comes! South of here they lifted much of the "Red Flag Warning", for the time being. Something new on the NWS map, a red flag warning along the Ca-Nev-Az border. It makes for a colorful map, but for Pete's sake, there is nothing there to burn except creosote and it don't burn worth sour owl poop.

Getting windy here as well. Big time fire danger......They just put out a 20 acre fire on Camp Pendleton , On a mortar range. Could see the flames from our place..................scary..........

Last edited:
Need to stretch a heavy over-center spring?? Many recommendations, most prying and hammering washers.
Here is an easier way found in a How to article on FABO using a floor jack.
Stretch the spring and place washers on each side as shown top and bottom.
Slip the spring on, push the clutch pedal in, and the washers should fall out.
Note short end of the spring goes on the bottom.

2.jpg

Buffalo NY area to St Augustine FL. ...... overnight in Mooresville NC then on to FL for some sunshine. Did the straight through a few times, to long in the tooth now.
That's a long run.
Always try to break up my trips with stops with people I know or places to see. But I've never liked straight through drives - especially interstate system.

I have measured on Google Earth, from our house, to where it looks like the fire symbol is, and it says 21 miles. But, the fire went south towards us, so it might be shorter too.

The CalFire map last year showed how the fire moved and you could see everything. This year they have a new map, and without any information other than a fire symbol, and who knows where that is placed. And there is no scale showing distances either on the new map. Totally useless.

CAL FIRE: Statewide Fire Map

Bill

That's a long run.
Always try to break up my trips with stops with people I know or places to see. But I've never liked straight through drives - especially interstate system.

I like to get-r dun and get though to where I'm going...

Wife started looking into finding a deal for insurance. They want a wett inspection for the pellet stove. Not doing it. Its a farce.
Broker found insurance that doesent require it if its already existing.

to get an inspector's license is such bs, it is easier to become a building inspector. they have it sewn up. No courses offered and only certification is from the wett inspectors themselves.self governing.

-
Back