Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been through all that and more previously. Has been good for a couple years. Now this. :soapbox:
I do t know about where you are, but the rain was heavy sideways from the SW overnight into this morning. Maybe that helps figure out which direction the rain hit the car and how it might have gotten in.

You might also want to get one of those inexpensive car covers I had on the ‘66 Dart to keep the weather out.

Talking about the devil.
Karl. Got that flux capicitor working in reverse in yet?
Another sparky problem here. This time Keith's lawnmower.

Talking about the devil.
Karl. Got that flux capicitor working in reverse in yet?
Another sparky problem here. This time Keith's lawnmower.
Neighbour dropped off a dead mower. Gave it to another neighbour.spark plug. Guess i should have checked it myself.

I do t know about where you are, but the rain was heavy sideways from the SW overnight into this morning. Maybe that helps figure out which direction the rain hit the car and how it might have gotten in.

You might also want to get one of those inexpensive car covers I had on the ‘66 Dart to keep the weather out.
It was some pretty crazy rain. No doubt thats why so much got in. Passenger side is dry. Im thinking door seal since a little was in the back floor too. yep, thinking its time for a cover. Where did you get that one?

Leave your window down? :poke::lol: Sorry, it's not funny.
No, but the other day it was down just a hair. I know how that happens... The window must be closed while the door is open or it does not go quite the whole way up. But I did that the other day when there was just a little water in there.

Nope. Built into starter. Button above gas pedal. Pushes lever on starter.
Thanks. That's neat. I wonder if that's what Hupmobile did. IIRC the one I saw had 4 pedals in a diamond pattern and one was for the starter.

No, but the other day it was down just a hair. I know how that happens... The window must be closed while the door is open or it does not go quite the whole way up. But I did that the other day when there was just a little water in there.
My 66 door and window fit is terrible. It needs door hinges rebuilt and the doors and glass adjusted. Rain or a garden hose get's the inside wet.

It was some pretty crazy rain. No doubt thats why so much got in. Passenger side is dry. Im thinking door seal since a little was in the back floor too. yep, thinking its time for a cover. Where did you get that one?
I will find the link. It was $50 on eBay. I also have the clip tie down kit for it that I will bring you next Sunday when we come out to visit. That system was good in 60+ mph winds, heavy 5” rains and big snows. The ‘66 didn’t have any rear windscreen glass but with the cover and tie down system, it never got a drop of water in it. And it only took a few minutes to put the cover on or take it off.

3F7907FD-DFB3-42B8-B031-AE3026291921.jpeg

65CE3CBE-5953-47C2-8511-E67DCA30B042.jpeg

BE2FD464-0C25-4EE1-AA4F-B33305ED3E64.jpeg

I will find the link. It was $50 on eBay. I also have the clip tie down kit for it that I will bring you next Sunday when we come out to visit. That system was good in 60+ mph winds, heavy 5” rains and big snows. The ‘66 didn’t have any rear windscreen glass but with the cover and tie down system, it never got a drop of water in it. And it only took a few minutes to put the cover on or take it off.

View attachment 1715414697

View attachment 1715414698

View attachment 1715414696
I would like that link as well if you please. I could use a couple of those.

Here is the link for the tie down kit. I bought 2 of these to make it nice and tight. One is enough for a car with full glass that is generally already weather tight. The kit is removable and reusable for other car covers if you want to.

The biggest trick I learned is to do the external wrap of a cord or rope around the car cover at the base of the windshield like shown in my photos. This keeps it from ballooning in high winds and reduces the stress on all the other tie down connections. I just used a length of cord with a bungee cord in the middle so it could flex under load and not wear through the cover material.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007W6X7C8/?tag=joeychgo-20

The one thing to be aware of is that these covers do NOT hold up under baking sun. They were great all Fall, Winter and Spring, but the Summer sun destroyed them which is why I replaced them each year. If you overlay them with a heavy tarp for Summer, they will be fine. It is the UV and heat that kills them.

Or you can just take them off for the Summer.

I figured just replacing them every Fall was easiest...less than 20 cents a day for protection of the car was easily worth the price.

Last edited:
I have never had a cover hold up around here. Dry oven in the summer.

Wind swept dry winters.

Oh yea, did I mention dry..... going through about a gallon of lotion these days because it's mega dry.

Well, whether you like the spoiler or not. :poke: Terry's car in the picture is a 440 auto air car. He di it nice and it is a class winner at North Iowa Mopars. Through the grapevine here on FABO, I put him in contact with a guy that was looking for a nice driver but had a partially done 71 Charger he would like to trade. Come to find out the 71 was a B7 Blue 440 4 speed Dana car with white interior, a big brother to Terry's completed car. Terry went to look at it and ended up trading and got some money to boot for his completed car. If you look in the photo, you can see the nose of a Roadrunner behind the garage. It was his uncle's ca,.
the car that Terry rode in as a young boy that got him hooked on Mopars. He needed cash to finish up the resto of that car so the trade and cash came at the right time. The Road Runner will be a tribute to his uncle that has passed away. It will have a 408 stroker (I sold him) and a 4 speed/ 8 3/4 combo. Quite a story I know.

View attachment 1715414487

View attachment 1715414488
Terry just sent me a picture of his stroker. I am glad I sold it too him for a song. Nice to help out a freind and be a part of his build. New heads. I don't have the story there. I knew he was looking.

stroker.jpg

-
Back