Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The chrome box and orange box are different since they were MP replacement parts, not OEM factory. It depends on what you are trying to reproduce.
Very true. Then there is orange with silver heat sinks, gold heat sinks etc. Had a guy at Carlisle telling me about it a few years ago YIKES! Then the normal but expensive 150 made in usa caps there are two styles one has single spacing the ultra rare one 69 only was double spaced! No end to it.

Just like everything else Mopar no rhyme or reason to it. Hell have gotten standard caps in OEM mopar boxes and Mopar oem caps in a bunch of "other" makes also. Have to look at them and get versed in them. Then there is the whole Norther Mopar of Canada, Autopar! Yikes all the same mopar stuff totally different stock numbers. Found that out the hard way for sure!
Autopar. Mopar was copywrited in the US and couldn't be used north of the border possibly?

I really wonder how the 100 point guys justify what is what on that small stuff!
I think a lot of that is made up wives tales......This bolt, that screw, paint there not there, who really knows if you don't have a unmolested car to compare it with? Like a NEW car unmolested? They don't exist any longer...

There was a chart floating around I posted somewhere the guy sent me had the heat sink/box colors and it had to do with RPM ratings. Have a hard copy somewhere think it is out of a old MP book.

I think a lot of that is made up wives tales......This bolt, that screw, paint there not there, who really knows if you don't have a unmolested car to compare it with? Like a NEW car unmolested? They don't exist any longer...
Bet Doug's Road runner you saw is close to it.

There was a chart floating around I posted somewhere the guy sent me had the heat sink/box colors and it had to do with RPM ratings. Have a hard copy somewhere think it is out of a old MP book.
I believe the GM HEI is good for 6000 RPM.

Very true. Then there is orange with silver heat sinks, gold heat sinks etc. Had a guy at Carlisle telling me about it a few years ago YIKES! Then the normal but expensive 150 made in usa caps there are two styles one has single spacing the ultra rare one 69 only was double spaced! No end to it.
Well, to add to the confusion, here is my 2006 MP Orange box that came with the 360 Magnum crate engine.

No stickers, no part numbers, Blue anodized heat sink stamped ”made in USA” with a transistor cap printed “made in Malaysia”

No wonder I just said “F it” and put the electronic ignition decal next to it on the inner fender.

7D5BB33F-87C5-49CF-8699-3E62118ED564.jpeg

His is a true survivor. Still cant believe he was able to hold on to that since 18 and bought it two years old! Only thing I know he did to it was a new capet and nos white seat upulstory. Hell still has its first scratch!

Well, to add to the confusion, here is my 2006 MP Orange box that came with the 360 Magnum crate engine.

No stickers, no part numbers, Blue anodized heat sink stamped ”made in USA” with a transistor cap printed “made in Malaysia”

No wonder I just said “F it” and put the electronic ignition decal next to it on the inner fender.

View attachment 1715415767
MP crate or aftermarket? Then again a ton of MP stuff is no longer made here either.

MP crate or aftermarket? Then again a ton of MP stuff is no longer made here either.
It was a true MP crate, ignition system included. I have all the original paperwork for it and the engine has the original MP part number decal on it too.

You would think it is a true MP then. The distrib have a tag also just curious.

Evening everyone, still snowing here, close to 12 inches on the ground. Hoppy I have an old wells 6 cylinder cap that is a dead ringer for nos, but like I said have had it 20 plus years.

You would think it is a true MP then. The distrib have a tag also just curious.
Distributor has a tag that matches the paperwork. That was the distributor that had issues that I was going to send to you to check out. I think the shaft bearing failed.

Hmm just noticed it appears the Mopar ecm's have the transistor screws in from inside the case the aftermarket are different. The plot thickens!

Evening everyone, still snowing here, close to 12 inches on the ground. Hoppy I have an old wells 6 cylinder cap that is a dead ringer for nos, but like I said have had it 20 plus years.
Would not doubt it was. I have gotten aftermarket vac advances with Chrysler numbers. I really look at pics of stuff online because of that.

Hmm just noticed it appears the Mopar ecm's have the transistor screws in from inside the case the aftermarket are different. The plot thickens!
Not all aftermarket ones. The one I tore apart has the false cap screwed on from the inside.

AE94EA54-FAE7-42CA-9BD6-33D9A9125776.jpeg

I really wonder how the 100 point guys justify what is what on that small stuff!
Those guys have several hundred thousand dollar rides that are worth even more if they have it correct. To them, it’s an investment more than anything elsr

-
Back