Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wow. That's unusual. Only seen pictures iof the big bills in the now old encylcopedia.
You read how I saw them^^^ They are still out there, stashed away, maybe some will never be seen again, the person passed and had it hidden so well it was never found. Friend has a 10k bill still....

Anyone remember this car? It was the 1963 Alfa Romeo 2600 designed by Pininfarina.

Looks like a cross between a Corvette and a Corvair with an Italian design twist.

7EC6A926-58EE-41D9-A201-23D6E5667541.jpeg

D345951D-51B3-4F24-875B-C6C708CFCB63.jpeg

I do remember that car. It is sweet. :thumbsup:
Yep!

And proof that car designers were just as incestuous back 50+ years ago as they are now. They just copy each other and make slight tweaks to the design to claim it as unique.

Well I’ve got a Sony boombox from 1988 that is still kicking. And it has a made in Taiwan sticker on the back of it.

Nothing wrong with that, the integrated amp in the shop pics is a Pioneer. My car CD player/tuner is a Nakamichi, not a lot of bells and whistles just clean sounding. Have owned old Sansui, Kenwood and others.

I had every intention of firing up the BBQ pit this afternoon, friend calls "meet me at the shop". Weather goes from 65 and sunny to 55 and 1/4 mile visibility in like 90 minutes :BangHead:

Here's a couple of pics of my current house speakers, they are made in White Bear Minnesota I think. They were my fathers and I had them rebuilt at the factory after ordering a repair kit, glad I did because the mylar panel had a hole in it on one speaker. They radiate front and back so 3 feet away from the back wall causes a delay and the imaging sounds great even though they are the lower tier of the Magnepan line. They are called Magneplaners.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

They made a lot of GREAT speakers before Bose came on the scene. I have found some GREAT sound gear at Goodwill and thrift stores, for practically nothing.

They made a lot of GREAT speakers before Bose came on the scene. I have found some GREAT sound gear at Goodwill and thrift stores, for practically nothing.

My father was an early stereo enthusiast, he had custom built speakers that once knocked a clock off our living room wall, Mom was not happy about that. He used to take me to stereo shops, we weren't rich, mostly looking. I remember looking at one of the first electrostatic speakers, they buzzed with high voltage, don't put your hands near the open electronics in back lol!

I had every intention of firing up the BBQ pit this afternoon, friend calls "meet me at the shop". Weather goes from 65 and sunny to 55 and 1/4 mile visibility in like 90 minutes :BangHead:

So what are you putting on the grill, or is it off? Maybe just drink more antifreeze and go with it!

Electro voice, nice! Never heard of that model but those custom cabinets my father had built contained a 3 way 15" Electrovoice driver, very efficient. The speakers also had cut outs if you wanted to change the drivers to separates/horn midrange etc. What's in the Marquis?

Electro voice, nice! Never heard of that model but those custom cabinets my father had built contained a 3 way 15" Electrovoice driver, very efficient. The speakers also had cut outs if you wanted to change the drivers to separates/horn midrange etc. What's in the Marquis?
12TXRB Driver. .It's a full range co-axial
51865246_1_x.jpg

Yes and the Minimus 7, owned a pair of those little guys.
Had a very similar pair of metal cabinet speakers. Concorde.filled the room suprisingly well. do wish i had a pair of bose 501’s for the shop.

-
Back