Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think this engine has been apart before... its RTV for gaskets every where. and it looks really clean, no sludge, nothing.
You figure pin sheared off or fell out? If it fell out it might be in the pan.

I think this engine has been apart before... its RTV for gaskets every where. and it looks really clean, no sludge, nothing.
Yep, you need a key.
Yep, it needs a key. (As long as Poly's are the same as LA's.

20200327_103251.jpg

One of our grocery stores had a lady employee wiping off all the carts with a wet wipe before giving them to you...
From what I have read they think it's pretty easy to kill this thing on surfaces. At least relative to some other viruses. I saw to keep it wet for one minut with Hydrogen peroxide or 30 seconds with isopropyl alcohol. Just like washing hands, using any cleaner and wiping or rinsing will get most of it. I haven't been to the store in a few days, cause nothing is open at night now. I don't even take a cart if Ican carry what I need. Avoid touching that and you don't get trapped next to others in an aisle. When I dotake a cartI try toget one out farther in the lot that was sitting in the sun.
At work we have alcohol everywhere that we use to clean up ink. Plus they gave us spray and wipes with hydrogen peroxide. I see a lot of people using them, I wipe down the table and chair befor break and go wash my hands befor sitting at every break. Wash my hands like a million times a night and still assume they are 'dirty'....

Got to keep it simple if I buy from them. I bang my head against the wall with a lot of the parts store websites.
I had never bought fron RA till last summer. Was definitely a bit of a learning curve for me. So many listings! Was a bit confusing.. Got some parts from there for the Neon and saved a bunch, Moog for much less than I would have paid elsewhere.

I had never bought fron RA till last summer. Was definitely a bit of a learning curve for me. So many listings! Was a bit confusing.. Got some parts from there for the Neon and saved a bunch, Moog for much less than I would have paid elsewhere.
I loaded up on Moog for my Swinger. I should snap some photos and get busy selling.

All the Front end parts on the 66 Dart, Moog, came from there. As well as the lifters, timing set, oil pump.. All discounted..

You might be surprised...they buy out old parts stores, and list at massive discounts...
i think this one is likely okay, I found a roll pin that will fit snug in the cam dowel slot, gonna locktite it in and then bolt everything back up. see what happens

i think this one is likely okay, I found a roll pin that will fit snug in the cam dowel slot, gonna locktite it in and then bolt everything back up. see what happens
Your cam has a roll pin in it?

How could the timing sets be the same and your cam has a locator pin?

Interesting, I see pin and key styles pictured on the net. What does your cam gear have?

Last edited:

Don't rig it with a roll pin...

Get the proper size woodruff key and do it right...

Unless you want to do it again later....

Cleaning/painting the ramps for the drive on hoist. Should have driven fargo in before.
2 days before its cured enough to drive on.

-
Back