Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Its thong Thursday, Corona style!
girl-wearing-thong-face.jpg

So what was wrong?
Haven’t totally nailed it down yet. I did Tims hot wire that got it to run and I got it to idle down a bit, still a bit high. I’ll have to figure out where the short is at some point in the harness.

But we were talking and I got looking, the passenger side exhaust flapper is rusted closed. So that may be part of my issue. So I’m cutting that out today.

Haven’t totally nailed it down yet. I did Tims hot wire that got it to run and I got it to idle down a bit, still a bit high. I’ll have to figure out where the short is at some point in the harness.

But we were talking and I got looking, the passenger side exhaust flapper is rusted closed. So that may be part of my issue. So I’m cutting that out today.
Hope you wont need that again not cheap for a kit. Hit it with PB and take the spring off and turn it 90

Heat riser kit for mine was $160. I left it wired open for now.

Well I'm off to Sam's for senior hour grocery shopping. My now weekly grocery trip.

Hope you wont need that again not cheap for a kit. Hit it with PB and take the spring off and turn it 90
If I do need it again, I have 3 other sets of poly manifolds. I got them literally for free at the indy swap meet. guy next to me said he'd been bringing them for years and was tired of moving them. so he left them on his table when he packed up, told me to take them or throw them away.

kind of want that hemi

In regards to that Hemi :lol:
I kept hearing this familiar noise from a short distance away from the house. It wasn't the occasional "feelin good I think I'll open it up" kinda noise I hear on Old PCH now and again. I take the back road to town one afternoon to track it down. It's 1/2 mile to the beginning of the agricultural part of the valley from here and the sound is getting louder by the second. There on the edge of a broccoli field is a irrigation water pump power unit. I get up next to it, it's a BBC :lol: with OPEN chrome boat headers running the pump :lol: chrome valve covers and air cleaner. Just irrigating the s#$@ out of the broccoli, happily cruisin' along about 4K rpm. Farmers :realcrazy: gotta lov'em.

Morning all, day 907 of the great lock down.. OK been about 30, but 907 sounded better .. today pulling the intake off and will get the flaking paint off it and rebuilt the little 2bbl. that sits on it. Great time to get a little decent weather ( 50's ) so I can spend the day in the garage, and the wife is glad for some reason. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
-
Back