Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They promised us a flying car was going to be available in 1967. Where is it?

00914E97-3707-428D-8FE6-BAD1E275B08A.jpeg

636283699097922764-***-Flying-Cars.1.jpg

530630_v1.jpg

There's a little village to the east of here, Cuyama. The old farmers tell of it's beginnings coming from the flying car possibilities of the 50s and 60s. :D

Got the idle down to about 1100-1200, bounces between the two.

@Mopar Tim @Mattax @halifaxhops @toolmanmike

where is the fast idle screw set on the carb, the one by the throttle cable hook up on the driver's side???

Then check the timing...

lastly the secondary blade screw on the bottom of the secondaries on the passenger side, are the secondary bottom plates fully closed or open a little???

Might be. That video is from yesterday. Before we talked about maybe that exhaust flapper being rusted closed.

Make sure that the idle cam on the choke hammer is all the way off... Give the throttle a quick flip and see if it kicks down, then manually check it yourself...

It's best to do a long slow charge of 2 amps for a few days... Less stress on the battery...
I'll try that. I have the time but I have my doubts. The battery wasn't completely dead. It did rattle the solenoid. A 10 amp charge for 24 hours should have revived it more than 150 cca. There is no draw on the system to cause it to discharge in the first place unless it has internal problems. I'm not going to waste my time looking through my records to see how old it is but I am guessing 8 years and it was a Walmart special to begin with. I am more miffed at the green cap battery in my Swinger. It was a $300+ reproduction but I killed it. I left the dome light on and a few days later I discovered that. It is a spiral wound inside and more often than not they never come back. It has been on a smart charger of and on during the last month. You know, We nevre messed with batteries like this at the dealer. You do a load test, if discharged, you charge the battery and retest. If it fails, you install a new battery and continue the system test. (charging, system draw, and starter draw)

You cut that out yet?
No, haven’t been back to it since we talked last night
where is the fast idle screw set on the carb, the one by the throttle cable hook up on the driver's side???

Then check the timing...

lastly the secondary blade screw on the bottom of the secondaries on the passenger side, are the secondary bottom plates fully closed or open a little???
. Secondaries are fully closed.

I'll try that. I have the time but I have my doubts. The battery wasn't completely dead. It did rattle the solenoid. A 10 amp charge for 24 hours should have revived it more than 150 cca. There is no draw on the system to cause it to discharge in the first place unless it has internal problems. I'm not going to waste my time looking through my records to see how old it is but I am guessing 8 years and it was a Walmart special to begin with. I am more miffed at the green cap battery in my Swinger. It was a $300+ reproduction but I killed it. I left the dome light on and a few days later I discovered that. It is a spiral wound inside and more often than not they never come back. It has been on a smart charger of and on during the last month. You know, We nevre messed with batteries like this at the dealer. You do a load test, if discharged, you charge the battery and retest. If it fails, you install a new battery and continue the system test. (charging, system draw, and starter draw)

I used to do batteries in a Sears garage... We always used a 2 amp trickle charge to recharge the batteries... We gave the customer a free loaner battery in the mean time while we recharged the battery and then tested it before giving it back to them... If it tested bad, we pro-rated it for a new one...

The 2 amp slow charge is the best way to recharge a battery...

Trying to fast charge it when it's run down can damage/limit the life of the battery...

That's why I get the 2-10-50 amp battery chargers for home... The 2 amp is good for long term recharging, the 50 amp is good for a quick start, and 10 amp for a medium charge to get you started (in case you left the lights on and just caught it later....)

-
Back