Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Make sure that the idle cam on the choke hammer is all the way off... Give the throttle a quick flip and see if it kicks down, then manually check it yourself...
It doesn’t kick down anymore than that. Tried it

It doesn’t kick down anymore than that. Tried it

Are the steps on the back of the choke idle hammer off of the fast idle choke screw on the passenger side of the carb behind the electric choke???

Sometimes the linkage binds and it won't pull off all the way, but that shouldn't be a problem on yours since it's new, but it doesn't hurt to make sure... Look at it and make sure the choke fast idle screw is off the stepped cam on the back of the hammer and the front hammer part is all the way down...

I was watchin' NCIS a little while ago

View attachment 1715498542

View attachment 1715498543

The Hemi Cuda ragtop I couldn't find a photo of :lol:
That car was at the Hollywood Cars museum in Gatlinburg Tennessee....

20190625_180718.jpg

If it hasnt run for more than a couple minutes, the choke may still be part way on. At this point i would pull carb and flip it over, and set the transfer slots to square. If there is a gap between (idle) setscrew and stop then i would suspect the fast idle is hanging up.

aparrently the idle is adjusted with timing on the holley, not the idle stop screw.

And you really shouldnt be making adjustments unless its at operating temperature.

Note that in this magazine cover, they did see the future, and weren’t far off. The car, with its 4 blade enclosed flying system is exactly what drones use today. Add in the vectored thrust louvers they show on the top and it it exactly what the Military is developing today as a flying alternative to a Humvee.

They just got the timing wrong...by 60+ years.

1A3D072D-1268-4515-9E8F-A66A5AA5A530.jpeg

If it hasnt run for more than a couple minutes, the choke may still be part way on. At this point i would pull carb and flip it over, and set the transfer slots to square. If there is a gap between (idle) setscrew and stop then i would suspect the fast idle is hanging up.

aparrently the idle is adjusted with timing on the holley, not the idle stop screw.
Timing needs to be at about 10 degrees advanced.....then go from there....

Morning!
Cant see outside yet, but i think its not very nice out there.
Forecast is like 10” of snow.

Morning!
Cant see outside yet, but i think its not very nice out there.
Forecast is like 10” of snow.
Getting a little late for 10" snow anywhere. Life in the tundra!! Good Morning.

Morning all, happy Thursday. Not looking good here either TJ. It is below freezing again and looks like it rained all night. It will be an ice rink out there this morning. On plus side we were supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow last night. Wife heard the 10 inch prediction as well. But hey, she has heard that nonsense before.

Morning all, happy Thursday. Not looking good here either TJ. It is below freezing again and looks like it rained all night. It will be an ice rink out there this morning. On plus side we were supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow last night. Wife heard the 10 inch prediction as well. But hey, she has heard that nonsense before.
Hey buddy....Cheryl was asking about you guys the other night. I told her you all were doing well and still shoveling!!

Hey buddy....Cheryl was asking about you guys the other night. I told her you all were doing well and still shoveling!!
All good up here, Jodi says to tell Cheryl hi! We are still scrounging for property in Ark but the landscape has changed pretty dramatically. Virtually no knew listings. Everyone has buttoned up and is waiting this chaos out. Arghh

All good up here, Jodi says to tell Cheryl hi! We are still scrounging for property in Ark but the landscape has changed pretty dramatically. Virtually no knew listings. Everyone has buttoned up and is waiting this chaos out. Arghh
The real estate market here is the same. Sure once this slows deals will be there to be had. Yep tell Jodi high for us and looking forward to dinner and drinks sometime...I'd say soon but who knows...anyway ok we'll get together whenever.:D
:thumbsup:

I could hear the water in the gutters last night, and its just above freezing. My driveway was just starting to dry up.

Was chatting with my helicopter pilot buddy, supposed to be on his way home. Nope, stuck in africa for at least another month.

-
Back