Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Im calling it. Been here straight through since 7:30. Am.
As soon as hoist gets emptied of all the junk im bringing fargo in.

Well that just sucks! I took the charger off the battery in the 66 and tested it. BAD!!! Only loaded to 150 cca. I tested the battery in the Swinger. BAD!!!! It failed load test at 250 cca. (and it was a green cap repop) Mo Fo now I need 2 batteries. No draw on either systems and inside all winter.

Well that just sucks! I took the charger off the battery in the 66 and tested it. BAD!!! Only loaded to 150 cca. I tested the battery in the Swinger. BAD!!!! It failed load test at 250 cca. (and it was a green cap repop) Mo Fo now I need 2 batteries. No draw on either systems and inside all winter.
Time-x. Fast charge or trickle?

Time-x. Fast charge or trickle?
10 amp automatic. It was still charging full tilt this afternoon. The green cap battery in the Swinger is a spiral wound in a reproduction case. I charged it with my smart charger. I might have to see if I can take it apart and replace the battery inside.

10 amp automatic. It was still charging full tilt this afternoon. The green cap battery in the Swinger is a spiral wound in a reproduction case. I charged it with my smart charger. I might have to see if I can take it apart and replace the battery inside.
Let them cool and charge again. How long did the charger stay on? Some chargers won’t even try to charge a really low battery.

Was the battery warm/hot?
Im not a big fan if the spiral cell batteries. When they get weak there is no recovering.
Have had regular lead acid batteries that appear bad, but surface charged. A repeated slow discharge and slow recharge will sometimes bring them back. had a commercial 4D battery i got 4 years out of by cycling it.

67594221568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=qXw_WW_LNbEAX8q1tMc&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-1.jpg

So, 2 weeks ago, buddy says his battery is a pos.
Grab new battery and install it.
I promptly bring old battery into shop and throw a 2 amp charge into it. Next morning, load test.
400 amps and climbing under load, holding 10 volts. Nope,nothing wrong with battery.
Deep discharge. And wont take a fast charge.

Im not a big fan if the spiral cell batteries. When they get weak there is no recovering.
Have had regular lead acid batteries that appear bad, but surface charged. A repeated slow discharge and slow recharge will sometimes bring them back. had a commercial 4D battery i got 4 years out of by cycling it.
Me neither but that was the only thing available in a Mopar green cap back when I bought that one. My 66 battery is probably 8 or so years old and was a WalMart Never Start to boot. It's a wonder it lasted that long. It had enough power to click the solenoid before I charged it. The same after I charged it. I had 2 different chargers on it. Neither charger made any difference.

Those guys are such whores! What did you buy? :poke::lol::lol:
Hah! I think I put my Snap On guys kid thru college! I followed Franks lead and took a hard pass. They only wanted to give me 12k for trade in on my box. Screw that. They were trying to get me to step up into Epic line. Super nice box’s and 30 inches deep vs 24 but if I am going to have payments on something it is likely going to have a 440 in it! I just can’t wrap my head around payments on a box.

So, 2 weeks ago, buddy says his battery is a pos.
Grab new battery and install it.
I promptly bring old battery into shop and throw a 2 amp charge into it. Next morning, load test.
400 amps and climbing under load, holding 10 volts. Nope,nothing wrong with battery.
Deep discharge. And wont take a fast charge.
Your buddy probably didn't charge his battery and if he did he probably didn't test it. I did both twice so far. It only carries around 12.5 volts and fails a load test. It will only load to 150 amps. My charger does 12 volts only so on the wrong setting is not an issue.

-
Back