Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning boys and girls!!
A shout to @Ddaddy hope you feel better soon.
morning. So yesterday, I binged watched Full Custom Garage. Very cool show, no drama, straight to the point and he shows you how to do things subtly.

Like how to blow up a coil?:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:Still have no idea how that happened.
actually I think i may have figured out how that happened, or at least a theory. the prongs on the starter relay up on the fire wall were corroded, im thinking that allowed the circuit to stay hot, the coil was resting on the intake, not bolted down. there's a scortch mark where it would have been in contact with the intake. I'm thinking that left it drawing power and basically overheated.

Seriously windy here this AM.
same

92911802_1216652872044526_3235100063202017280_n-jpg.368071

actually I think i may have figured out how that happened, or at least a theory. the prongs on the starter relay up on the fire wall were corroded, im thinking that allowed the circuit to stay hot, the coil was resting on the intake, not bolted down. there's a scortch mark where it would have been in contact with the intake. I'm thinking that left it drawing power and basically overheated.

same
Live power and points closed. Thats all it takes. I forgot and left the key on. Mine spewed all the oil. I left key on for 1/2 hour to an hour,i was boosting truck as it was cold and battery was weak.forgot key was on.
gave me a reason to pull dist and go through it, replace parts with new ones Ray sent me.

This week, truck #2 should show up.
So i will pop the windshield out, 1 side is good in my truck, one is good in that one. Gives me some useable parts.

Hey Ray talked to Steve over the weekend. The dizzy you sold him is working well.
And I, yes I, gave him a solution to his loss of power. Alternator wire at the interior bulkhead was burned.
Had happened to me last fall.:D

Good Morning All! Checked alarms for work remotely, now I wait for our daily group hug (Webex). Hope all had a good weekend. Dave that's terrible news, hang in there!

-
Back