Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Any one ever try plastic dip on the wire tabs on a firewall? Kind of wondering what to use.
Exactly what i was thinking.you try it and let us know..
Tire bead sealer was another option,and heat shrink was one more.

Firewall is just about ready for prime, one more inner fender, then prime, paint and get the dam suspension on again!

Any one ever try plastic dip on the wire tabs on a firewall? Kind of wondering what to use.
I don't remember if I put any on those. I think they were just paited body color. but basically same thing... Made these from sheet metal and coated to replace broken plastic ones.

BBDC947F-3F59-4C08-A2D9-8F57BFBEF0BD.jpeg

Tell you what finding a ton of ways to make things look great. Ron hooked me up with slip plate, car wrap for hoses, zinc plating, nickel/copper plating, tons more also. Oh yeah gun blue is a saver also.

Thinking the dip stuff, also have a few other things to do. Trans line brackets, under dash clips etc.
Anything that can be removed, it works good. I suppose you could get smooth painting it on if thinned. Otherwise spray, but then need to tape /cover things good.

Anything that can be removed, it works good. I suppose you could get smooth painting it on if thinned. Otherwise spray, but then need to tape /cover things good.
I can prob dip them, they are easy to bend down and no engine right now.

As a coating?
Yeah. Like for instance I did these. Blurry pic but you get the idea - Just kinda goop it on quick and spread it around with your fingers and rubber gloves. It self-levels real nice and smooth and shiny and it's never coming off.

100_4944.JPG

-
Back