Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tell you what finding a ton of ways to make things look great. Ron hooked me up with slip plate, car wrap for hoses, zinc plating, nickel/copper plating, tons more also. Oh yeah gun blue is a saver also.
Speaking of slip-plate, lookit those manifolds. After about 5 minutes at 2500 RPM they started smoking like heck and then when they stopped smoking they were ultra shiny. Buff on 'em a little after that and they look almost like stainless.

I got a new tool chest yesterday.
$449

IMG_20200508_155517931.jpg

Speaking of slip-plate, lookit those manifolds. After about 5 minutes at 2500 RPM they started smoking like heck and then when they stopped smoking they were ultra shiny. Buff on 'em a little after that and they look almost like stainless.
Hard to get a clear close-up with the flash on but you can take a look when you're around.

Big duh on the high idle thing; got the choke wired open. Can't shut the flap. Duh.

100_4952.JPG

Morning, don't think I would take the chance this year.
We are all going to be exposed to Covid. That is a given. The whole quarantine thing was initially to get adequate hospital facilities and ventilators in place before that inevitable fact happens. That was done a month ago. Now it's all a political football and a media frenzy, with the old "If we can save one life it's worth it all" rationale. But it's not going to save many lives if any cuz we are ALL going to be exposed at some point. Might as well get it while having fun at Carlisle as pick it up from the pipeline of junk mail. Most of us won't know we have it. Many will get mild symptoms. Some will be real sick and hve to go to a doctor. A few decimal points of a percent of Americans - Maybe one in 3 or 4 thousand - will die.

I ALWAYS wanted a first Gen Monte....Had eyes for the Big Block SS cars.......:thumbsup:
Thx buddy. Ya can still get real real good big block 1G Montes for under 20 grand. Jeez we missed a cherry one at Chevy Carlisle last year by 20 minutes; it sold for $11K! But yeah it is going to sound good on the highway, and look good too thanks in large part to Dave's exemplary vinyl top installation. It's still a 350 with stock exhaust manifolds but with the flat top pistons, boggerjet, cam and tuned pipes I figger it's pushing about 325 hp vs the factory 176 and the 3:36 gears will add more giddyup off the line than the stock 2:73's. No SS Monte in '72. In '70 and '71 they were SS's but in '72 they called them sport coupes.

Thx buddy. Ya can still get real real good big block 1G Montes for under 20 grand. Jeez we missed a cherry one at Chevy Carlisle last year by 20 minutes; it sold for $11K! But yeah it is going to sound good on the highway, and look good too thanks in large part to Dave's exemplary vinyl top installation. It's still a 350 with stock exhaust manifolds but with the flat top pistons, boggerjet, cam and tuned pipes I figger it's pushing about 325 hp vs the factory 176 and the 3:36 gears will add more giddyup off the line than the stock 2:73's. No SS Monte in '72. In '70 and '71 they were SS's but in '72 they called them sport co

A '72 SS 454 about 100 miles from the house just a couple weeks ago $15K. As much as I dislike the bowtie, I was tempted myself :realcrazy:

A '72 SS 454 about 100 miles from the house just a couple weeks ago $15K. As much as I dislike the bowtie, I was tempted myself :realcrazy:[/QUOTE]

A '72 SS 454 about 100 miles from the house just a couple weeks ago $15K. As much as I dislike the bowtie, I was tempted myself :realcrazy:
[/QUOTE]
AW! I'd o' liked to have had a look at that. Brother-in-law the Chevy guru is just now sticking a 454 out of a Winnebago in his '72 Chevelle. He's got it pushing something over 500 horses.

Speaking of GM, '72 and horsepower, here's the main car of our friend Philip, the guy who painted my Monte. That's a 750 hp Duramax stickin' out of the hood, pushing a 6-speed Allison. It's 4WD presently running 3:42 gears but he's not satisfied with it only being capable of 250 mph and figures 2:73 gears will make it go 300. He had to clip about 2 inches off the bottom to get the front axle in so he remade the ground effects out of fiberglas and chicken wire.

CuWZN10WEAII0UB.jpg

It really pays to keep in mind that people are creatures of habit through and through when looking for things that 'nobody' has... Our local Tractor Supply is only a few years old. Usually a little higher on price. Always a few people in there, but never seems to be very busy. I still needed to get garden seeds. Was even on the news about people selling out last week. I had looked at Home Depot when I was there the other day and couldn't even find the rack. Tried Ace this morning - cleaned out. Got to TS and the rack is near full. :thumbsup: Used to employ the same logic to get the kids the 'best' toys at Christmas. Walmart would be ransacked and K-mart had what they wanted. Sometimes even on sale. And didn't have to fight my way through fat women in yogurt pants to get them. LOL

It really pays to keep in mind that people are creatures of habit through and through when looking for things that 'nobody' has... Our local Tractor Supply is only a few years old. Usually a little higher on price. Always a few people in there, but never seems to be very busy. I still needed to get garden seeds. Was even on the news about people selling out last week. I had looked at Home Depot when I was there the other day and couldn't even find the rack. Tried Ace this morning - cleaned out. Got to TS and the rack is near full. :thumbsup: Used to employ the same logic to get the kids the 'best' toys at Christmas. Walmart would be ransacked and K-mart had what they wanted. Sometimes even on sale. And didn't have to fight my way through fat women in yogurt pants to get them. LOL
Outside in the yard I have flats of pepper seeds - cayennes, Jalapenos and 2 kinds of bell pappers - that I got from Tractor Supply and planted 3 1/2 weeks ago and not one came up. The tomatoes all came up gangbusters but not a single pepper. Maybe it was TS maybe it was slugs I don't really know but Smuckers greenhouse just south of Pillow has a lot of pepper plants still.

-
Back