Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Evening all...hope all the mothers that represent have been taken care of today.

Evening all...hope all the mothers that represent have been taken care of today.
My mom is in a very nice facility. (94 years old and very alive) There has been a Covid outbreak there with a dozen or more diagnosed with it. I think my sister is going to get her and bring her to her house. She might not be able to get back in there but at least she will still be alive.

I finished this one tonight.

I did it as the 1933 year poster for the National Air Races.

1933 was an interesting time, WWI was a distant memory, the World had survived the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, Prohibition was just now in the past, America was recovering from the Great Depresion and WWII was far away in the future by almost another decade. It was a time of science, innovation, prosperity and fun...for as long as it lasted.

These classic movies were released that year...

King Kong
Little Women
The Invisible Man
Oliver Twist
State Fair
Duck Soup
And the first ever Popeye cartoons

It was also the year of the Chicago World’s Fair.

Anyway, here is the image I created, best viewed with the historical context in mind...

4D50CBB9-BC7E-475C-A95D-2AE69859F248.jpeg

And just in case you are interested, here is what the actual, 1933 poster looked like...

983BFF33-13FD-4BCA-BD74-0C1FBEB4078E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wife posts up one of our old sheds, barnwood type for sale.
I cant believe how many people want it. Nice lady calls, has a crew, all they do is repurpose old barnwood. Going to dismantle it and haul it away.
Have a few other projects that involve removing old wood siding, she wants it all!
Saves us a ton of work. Will know in an hour.

one dildo says pay him 1100 and he will haul it away.

My mom is in a very nice facility. (94 years old and very alive) There has been a Covid outbreak there with a dozen or more diagnosed with it. I think my sister is going to get her and bring her to her house. She might not be able to get back in there but at least she will still be alive.
Good luck. We tried that right after they announced the lock down, nope, court order only is what we were told

Wife posts up one of our old sheds, barnwood type for sale.
I cant believe how many people want it. Nice lady calls, has a crew, all they do is repurpose old barnwood. Going to dismantle it and haul it away.
Have a few other projects that involve removing old wood siding, she wants it all!
Saves us a ton of work. Will know in an hour.

one dildo says pay him 1100 and he will haul it away.
Old barn wood is worth a lot of money... that dildo is what we call a double dipper trying to make it sound like he is doing you a favor while he reaps big profit on both ends.

He’s just an asshole, no better word to describe him.

Old barn wood is worth a lot of money... that dildo is what we call a double dipper trying to make it sound like he is doing you a favor while he reaps big profit on both ends.

He’s just an asshole, no better word to describe him.

If i get $500 out of the deal i’m laughing. And have some stacks in the barn they can have too. Cleaning up, and someone else does the work? Win win!

If i get $500 out of the deal i’m laughing. And have some stacks in the barn they can have too. Cleaning up, and someone else does the work? Win win!
Dismantling it and taking it away while tossing the owner a few bucks is the fair deal these days. Paying to have it taken down is just robbery...and they know it.

So. Nice lady showed up to look at shed. Dropped the cash and is not going to strip it. Going to move it. And restore it. Was originally a 2 room house.

lol, she’s a car nut too!
Took all kinds of pictures of the collection.

So. Nice lady showed up to look at shed. Dropped the cash and is not going to strip it. Going to move it. And restore it. Was originally a 2 room house.

lol, she’s a car nut too!
Took all kinds of pictures of the collection.
This is her business, reclaiming and repurposing old lumber.

Got my coffee,cheers!
Back to work today, slow start.
Booking a little work, see where it goes from here.

-
Back