Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
if i recall right, stock on a 440 was around .450 lift on both sides. I don't recall the duration or overlap though

I’m heading out to the garage soon. A local auto stereo store is having a car show today. A three hour show two miles away. I’m going!! Need to get the car shinning!!
You got stereo exhaust anyway! :)

90% sure I have a burned valve on no 4 cyl on the 440. Cant get a leak down tester into the plug hole just to tight to the inner fender with the try y headers. Seriously thinking 440 source heads.
On the wagon I think I used a street el to pressurize the cylinders where there wasn't enough room to come straight out.
Lemme see if I have a pic 'cause I don't remember exactly

Lemme see if I have a pic 'cause I don't remember exactly
upload_2020-5-16_8-2-10.png

No way I can get anything in there. Takes three different wrenches to change the plug. From the top and bottom! When the head comes off I am drilling access holes in the inner fender!

No way I can get anything in there. Takes three different wrenches to change the plug. From the top and bottom! When the head comes off I am drilling access holes in the inner fender!
Make ya an access panel like the early B bodies had. I can get ya pics if it’s help give you an idea

Just two holes and body plugs will do it right by the support tower of course. Have to see where it can actually go without taking support off of it.

Just two holes and body plugs will do it right by the support tower of course. Have to see where it can actually go without taking support off of it.
That’s where the access holes are on the B body’s. So it can’t be too important there. Could always dimple them, that would replace most of the strength if not make it stronger

Really wont know till the header is off. I have swivel spark plug sockets so can be on either side. Deal with it when it is off. Needed to do it for a while.

Really wont know till the header is off. I have swivel spark plug sockets so can be on either side. Deal with it when it is off. Needed to do it for a while.
Really don’t get why the factory did them on the B bodies but not the A bodies. Granted the A bodies weren’t ever intended to be mass produced with big blocks but even with a small block in there, having that opening makes things so much nicer

You can get to them if it was a la. Mine is about a 1/4" from the side with the headers. Wonder how close Mitches GTS is with a B?

You can get to them if it was a la. Mine is about a 1/4" from the side with the headers. Wonder how close Mitches GTS is with a B?
I would guess not much different. 1/4 to 1/2 more room maybe. The RBs are taller but not that much

How to know you had a good day working on cars:

The waistband of your undies is black and greasy where you had to use the restroom in a hurry multiple times and didn't wash your hands first and just pulled them back up with greasy hands LOL.

Also you apply lotion to your hands after a shower and realize you have a hundred little cuts and bruises all the way up your arm.

Pictures or it didn't happen.... :D

Really don’t get why the factory did them on the B bodies but not the A bodies. Granted the A bodies weren’t ever intended to be mass produced with big blocks but even with a small block in there, having that opening makes things so much nicer
Chris, those access panels on the B body cars, is to access the upper control arm nuts. Chry did that to make it easier on the alignment guys. But they are handy to get to hard to reach spark plugs as well......

Very close, but I have stock Hi Dolla Manifolds on it. Can get to them all, but not real easy....

-
Back