Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Decided it was about time I stack all the wood I split last fall. Put a dent in the pile Just now

A7D72A3E-A98E-448A-B68E-4E3B882AF802.jpeg

So far our rain showers have amounted to a few big drops. So maybe not a nice day for taking the car out, but still good for getting some things done outside.

That last pic makes it look like I am half done. Probably a little over a cord stacked so far. Here is a different perspective...

C11F53EC-02CF-4AB6-8773-2EDA43C3879D.jpeg

Howdy. Lazy Sunday here. Screwed up my back again, nothing major just over did it on the chores yesterday. Kind of doing not much of anything today

Impala brakes are mostly done. Brake hose has a bubble, so it needs to be replaced too.

Kinda lazy here also. Fielding phone calls from prospective tenants for my house. The military has cut em all loose now to move again. Phone is ringing off the hook. House empty now, went in and took a bunch of pics, for people. Sending out rental applications, and so on. Had a nice young man and his wife come by yesterday and look at the house. Pretty sure he wants it, but Im also giving others a chance. This guy is only 31, but an Air Police in the Air Force for 11 years. Now out, but in the reserves. Works as a bodyguard for Nestle Corp Executive. Guy is huge..Big muscles. Nobody is F'n with this guy......

Just finished getting all the bare spots in the yard prepped, seeded and topped with peat. Watered them all too. We have a lot of bare spots left from the patio and walkway install last Summer and tree planting from the year before.

I’m just chilling now and trying to decide if I’m going to trim the hedges today.

Got the hedges trimmed. Now I need to clean up the clippings and mulch the bed...

6DDFD089-C16E-4477-A8B3-20D396AA951F.jpeg

The rhododendrons are blooming now too.

43D2B248-2E4E-475A-BA49-BA3BBB777AA3.jpeg

I hate those, but can deal with em........
1970, no bubble flare there. Every line nut came loose, original brake lines. Came across something interesting. The eye, is the mounting point. Or was i should say.

5CD1CE9B-9C6B-4C46-BC8D-8E2EDD606DEF.jpeg

Started raining around midnight and still going... My creek is flowing half full, normally dry... Supposed to rain straight into tomorrow night...

:rofl:Well I sure found a way to make the wife go from 0-100 on the anger scale in less than a second.

told her I was gonna go look at a car on Tuesday, cuts me off before I could finish my sentence. Completely goes off the deep end about not needing a project car and how I shouldn’t be buying another one ya da ya da...

When she finally got done throwing her a tantrum, I simply handed her my phone, told her to read the messages. She grabs it angrily, reads it and her expression totally changes haha.

our daycare lady, her son just turned 18. Has been saving for 3 years to buy his first car and wanted to know if I would tag along to help inspect this Ford Focus. She and her husband know nothing about cars, I had to show them how to check tire pressures even. He’s a Doctor so very smart just never had to learn.

anyway... now my wife is pouting in the next room too embarrassed to come out and say anything

-
Back