Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ray, you probably didn't see my post yesterday. She brings me her 2010 Tacoma for an oil change and check over. Tells me that Toyota Dealer put a New frame under truck, warranty. A known rust problem apparently. Says they had it for six weeks, and she just got it back. Says its making all kinds of noise underneath. So I test drove it before I changed motor oil. Ray, this thing feels and sounds like its going to come off the frame. So I get it up and look. WOW!!! Front attaching frame bolts are hand loose. No nuts on the rear frame retaining bolts. Probably more, I don"t see. Just NUTZ !!! I wrote it all over her invoice from me, and told her to take it back immediately..Very very dangerous to drive. I think they took it back yesterday !!!!!
Wow she got lucky.

Ok guys. I made a compression tester today. Crimped together a 10,000 psi hydraulic hose. Put a norgen air gauge. And ground down a spark plug and welded a nipple on it. Question though. Do I need a check valve on this thing?
20200524_103139.jpg
20200524_103048.jpg
I never did a compression test. But common sense is telling me yes.

Ok guys. I made a compression tester today. Crimped together a 10,000 psi hydraulic hose. Put a norgen air gauge. And ground down a spark plug and welded a nipple on it. Question though. Do I need a check valve on this thing?View attachment 1715534222 View attachment 1715534223 I never did a compression test. But common sense is telling me yes.
Yes, I think so. Many of them use something similar to a tire schrader valve.....Mine do....

Hey Ray...question. big block magnetos. A friend has one with no spark. @halifaxhops do you work on magnetos as well? Could it be a magnet issue. I thoight I remember then being recharged so to say..

20200524_124012.jpg

Last edited:
Another warm day. Just getting things moved, selling off junk i dont need, old table saws, grass catcher for riding mower a shop heater i bought, but too big for shop, not enough amps into shop to feed it. Almost doubled my money.wife is loving it, sold about $300 worth this weekend.

Finally got the scary part all drilled for the vinyl top trim..laid it all out with the trim pieces and went to the drill
IMG_20200521_143206.jpg
IMG_20200521_143212.jpg
IMG_20200524_142719.jpg
IMG_20200524_143928.jpg
IMG_20200524_143933.jpg

Finally got the scary part all drilled for the vinyl top trim..laid it all out with the trim pieces and went to the drill
View attachment 1715534263 View attachment 1715534264 View attachment 1715534265 View attachment 1715534266 View attachment 1715534267
Nice job Mitch, that part of our hobby scares the crap out of me every time. There is just something super spooky about drilling sheet metal that is virgin pure! Shame your lady friend didn’t make it here yet.

Uses twist nuts from under.....I have the clips from the top.. not seen in the pics....They fit/twist into the trim, from the top....

New Dutchman panel..Needed holes drilled for Vinyl top trim..Uses trim clips that are secured from underneath panel....
Yep. I get that part. But from factory, did they studs or screws? Your saying screws from inside the car? What about vinyl trim? Mine's mostly studs. Has screws at ends of canopy pieces and the short ones at bottom of A pillar

Yep. I get that part. But from factory, did they studs or screws? Your saying screws from inside the car? What about vinyl trim? Mine's mostly studs. Has screws at ends of canopy pieces and the short ones at bottom of A pillar
All studs... Nuts from underneath........

Long day. It can rain now. Just not too much. Got storage building almost the way i want it.
Ready to play with projects. Toolbox and benches go in the middle, theres plug ins on my light stand and it rolls to wherever i need it
C984FC73-0905-4901-8DEA-BE685FA3B6F2.jpeg

Jeez, what’s going on in Texas and hail? Rick said he got hammered with tennis ball sized hail and they had grapefruit sized hail in North Texas Friday.

7A70C0A8-48D9-49B1-82FF-78F9BE421C3C.jpeg

4609FDC5-6719-4ED9-8974-AAE42C4D927E.jpeg

The studs have factory seals, that contact the top area. I will also add sealant....
I used to replace the factory goo in the speed nuts with plumbers putty back when I was doing vinyl tops. A little wad inside of the speed nut before threading it on worked great.

The studs have factory seals, that contact the top area. I will also add sealant....
The studs I was referring to on mine are little mushroom head things attached to the body and you just slide the keyholed plastic clips on them. Only holes are for the screws I mentioned. And those were definite leak points on mine Headliner was water damaged from them.

I used to replace the factory goo in the speed nuts with plumbers putty back when I was doing vinyl tops. A little wad inside of the speed nut before threading it on worked great.
Yup. the new pins have a vinyl gasket from the top. But I'm sure I will add sealant....

The studs I was referring to on mine are little mushroom head things attached to the body and you just slide the keyholed plastic clips on them. Only holes are for the screws I mentioned. And those were definite leak points on mine Headliner was water damaged from them.
Not the same.. Different set up Keith....

We always called those “clip tits”. For screws on the ends I always put dab of clear silicone in the hole before running the screw in. Never had a leaker.

-
Back