Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Where did David go? He must have fallen asleep before the coffee kicked in. And Steve where is Steve? And Pete....where did everyone go?

The few places I have been in the last few months really were out of ammo for popular stuff. Glad I have enough. If you cant do the job with one load, you should not try!

Think I found the issue with the pop popping on the pass side. Had Dean over just for a new set of eyes. Runs good till it gets warm, then starts. Ok he tries a few things, well manually closes the choke a bit smooths out so check the intake bolts still snug on that side but not tight, tighten them a bit more, better but not right, Took the new 1411 off and will pull the top today and see what jets are in it I forgot it has been a few years. Need to find a new base gasket today. I cant find my spares, imagine that!

I almost dropped in on you a week ago or so Hoppy. A friend was looking for things that the stores were out of down there. Marylin just got out of the hospital and didn't want to get her excited as I drove in. LOL :rofl:

Where did David go? He must have fallen asleep before the coffee kicked in. And Steve where is Steve? And Pete....where did everyone go?
I was answering an email from my Mom. Her senior community has done a great job keeping everyone there from getting sick, but it can get a little lonely. The are relaxing the restrictions very slowly now so that helps. I can't wait till I can go see her.

I was over on FCBO just now, looking at electrical upgrades, have any of you guys done the ammeter bypass? Looks so easy even I can do it, one wire from the alternator to the starter relay with a fusible link.

Also a thread on how to upgrade your headlights to relay style.

I was over on FCBO just now, looking at electrical upgrades, have any of you guys done the ammeter bypass? Looks so easy even I can do it, one wire from the alternator to the starter relay with a fusible link.

Don't even think about it.
A good way to screw things up that were working fine.
You're not running a plow or anything like that. LOL

Relays on the Goldfish are a good move. Just attach the power feed to the alternator output. That alone will take 9 amps off the rest of the wiring (at night). Less important if the car is still using the 6012 headlights. More important if using one of the higher draw replacement bulbs.

Good morning, waiting for the coffee to take effect...

Coffee 03.jpg

-
Back