Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have never been a bow tie guy.......
I’m not either. But I do respect other classics. My neighbor used to restore and build custom cars. He spends 9 To 10 months a year traveling the US to various car shows and the like. With the virus, he hunkered down and I’ve not seen him much at all. He’s got cars of every era and every make. Including a very nice, all original 1973 Dart swinger. Just a little slant car. He’s got an old 40s era dodge truck restored, green.

I DO wish mopar had invented the small block chevy engine..........Damn what a small footprint for the power output....
Meh, wouldn’t have mattered. Chevys simply out sold dodges and most fords. And they really didn’t change much block wise for nearly 50 years, all combined made them cheap, plentiful and people learned how to get the most of them.

but the big power boys and girls, they all run big Hemis.

Meh, wouldn’t have mattered. Chevys simply out sold dodges and most fords. And they really didn’t change much block wise for nearly 50 years, all combined made them cheap, plentiful and people learned how to get the most of them.

The size of the engine is the big difference. Will fit in just about any vehicle.

1957-volkswagen-modified-vw-custom-v8-drag-hot-rod-rat-beetle-bug-9.jpg

:rolleyes:

The size of the engine is the big difference. Will fit in just about any vehicle.
There’s a guy here with a 528 cubic inch kieth black Hemi in a PT cruiser. There’s also a guy with an all iron turbocharged 440 in a Dodge Stealth. Any engine can fit in any vehicle

There’s a guy here with a 528 cubic inch kieth black Hemi in a PT cruiser. There’s also a guy with an all iron turbocharged 440 in a Dodge Stealth. Any engine can fit in any vehicle

Ya put the hemi in the back of the PT with a V-drive and leave the little 4cyl POS up front. Drive it on the 4cyl and be economic until the need comes to light up the hemi in the back :rolleyes:

Ya put the hemi in the back of the PT with a V-drive and leave the little 4cyl POS up front. Drive it on the 4cyl and be economic until the need comes to light up the hemi in the back :rolleyes:
Was bringing a machined 383 block home from the machine shop, in the back of my Vega wagon, stopped in for a beer, told some friends I had a vega with a 383 in the back. And the 4 cylinder up front. "No way" want to bet?...................................Free beer for the day.....

1957 Ford outsold Chevy but you hardly see a Ford from that era. I like the DeSoto's from that era.

Happy Sunday, I have said it before and got flamed into oblivion but pound for pound dollar for dollar HP for HP the SBC 350 is still the motor that changed the V8 landscape. They are virtually bullet proof and the platform and engineering was the basis for a great many innovations in both the combustible engine world and hot ridding in general. Yep I don’t have one! Mopar or Nocar!

-
Back