Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My multimeter finally arrived... It sat in limbo for a week in Oakland, CA waiting for me to "pick it up" and it will be held for 5 days... :wtf:

I only ordered it on Sep 28.... :realcrazy:

I called them right away to tell them that I can't pick it up there... They said, "Don't worry, it's a computer glitch, it will be sent to you".... :bs_flag:

Five days go by and it's still sitting there... I alert the seller and FedEx again, and the seller went to the Walgreens where he dropped it off to ship it and got with the manager... The employee that took it in when he first dropped it off for shipping entered the wrong information in the computer system... Luckily it was still there and the manager promised to make sure it went out on the next truck... :steering:

Thanks to the ebay seller to help look into it and get it moving... :thumbsup: :thankyou:

So now I have my favorite analog multimeter again... I had one of these for years and misplaced it... Can't find it yet, but I have things to probe and test.... (Giggity, giggity...) :D

Woo-Hoo ---->>> I have a multimeter again...
061.gif

DSC04954 B.JPG

DSC04957 B.JPG

DSC04960 B.JPG

DSC04962 B.JPG

DSC04963 B.JPG

DSC04968 B.JPG

DSC04970 B.JPG

DSC04971 B.JPG

I ordered this digital one for the digital needs... The analog meters are not as stable measuring some resistances, so digital is better for those...

It's reasonably priced, comes with the test probe leads and temp probe for the temp measurements... I like that it does temperature measurements also...

2201002_1_1040x.png

2201002_2_450x.png

Compact Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter (RS-14)

Those temp probes are pretty cool made out of alumel/chromel two dissimilar metals when touching caused by temp change they cause MV Pretty ingenous been around since the 50's on aircraft.

Those temp probes are pretty cool made out of alumel/chromel two dissimilar metals when touching caused by temp change they cause MV Pretty ingenous been around since the 50's on aircraft.

The lab technicians in the climate control lab used to make them all the time... We bought the K and J wire in bulk rolls and they had a special machine that soldered the tips for the wires...

You wouldn't believe the spaghetti of wires that they had in a vehicle when they prepped it for a test or test trip... They had data loggers that had literally over 100 channels... They would use their lap tops to control the data during tests...

Each wire was run individually and custom fit when they instrumented a car for testing...

If I needed a wire to test with, I would just ask them and they would make it for me right there... We used hand held fluke meters for our individual testing...

you got a point... but hey, you can't say I'm not setting records... bad records, but still records

Yeah, I know a guy that has a record in drag racing also... I used to work with him...

He bragged alot, so sometimes you weren't sure how true some of his boasts were, but he loaned me a video tape and I saw it myself...

He said that he was a Ramcharger back in the days... He raced a rail with a 241 Hemi in it....

One time, he was at a race and asked his brother and brother's friend to keep an eye on his car while he stepped away for a few minutes... When he came back, his brother and friend weren't near the car...

His race came up and the other guy got disqualified or couldn't get the car ready in time, so he was running solo... Rule book back then stated that the car and driver had to cross the finish line to get the win and advance to the next round...

Since he was running solo, he skipped the burnout... He lined up and when the Christmas tree turned green, he nailed it and the car died.... Someone loosened his magneto/distributor and it spun and lost timing under load when he let the clutch out...

So the competitor he was, he got out of his car and pushed it down the 1/4 mile himself... As he was pushing the car down the track, the officials were at the finish line talking it over, and after that they changed the rule that if one guy gets disqualified the other racer automatically advances to the next round...

So, since the rule has changed, he set the record for the slowest time in that class which will never be beat, he will be in the record books forever... :D :steering:

I saw this on a home made video that he loaned me... There's no mistaking that it's Pat pushing the car down the track, he was about 4' 9" tall... It's hard to find a 'body double' in that size...

Yeah, I know a guy that has a record in drag racing also... I used to work with him...

He bragged alot, so sometimes you weren't sure how true some of his boasts were, but he loaned me a video tape and I saw it myself...

He said that he was a Ramcharger back in the days... He raced a rail with a 241 Hemi in it....

One time, he was at a race and asked his brother and brother's friend to keep an eye on his car while he stepped away for a few minutes... When he came back, his brother and friend weren't near the car...

His race came up and the other guy got disqualified or couldn't get the car ready in time, so he was running solo... Rule book back then stated that the car and driver had to cross the finish line to get the win and advance to the next round...

Since he was running solo, he skipped the burnout... He lined up and when the Christmas tree turned green, he nailed it and the car died.... Someone loosened his magneto/distributor and it spun and lost timing under load when he let the clutch out...

So the competitor he was, he got out of his car and pushed it down the 1/4 mile himself... As he was pushing the car down the track, the officials were at the finish line talking it over, and after that they changed the rule that if one guy gets disqualified the other racer automatically advances to the next round...

So, since the rule has changed, he set the record for the slowest time in that class which will never be beat, he will be in the record books forever... :D :steering:

I saw this on a home made video that he loaned me... There's no mistaking that it's Pat pushing the car down the track, he was about 4' 9" tall... It's hard to find a 'body double' in that size...
That’s an awesome Story

Yup, I gots Fluke 77. Love it.....

The Flukes are great...

I have one somewhere... However, I don't have any more wire for it... And the wire costs $$$ at Grainger...

Luckily the Radio Shack one will do for my personal needs...

The Flukes are great...

I have one somewhere... However, I don't have any more wire for it... And the wire costs $$$ at Grainger...

Luckily the Radio Shack one will do for my personal needs...
I built this one as a kid.....

-
Back