Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The Flukes are great...

I have one somewhere... However, I don't have any more wire for it... And the wire costs $$$ at Grainger...

Luckily the Radio Shack one will do for my personal needs...

I might be able to rustle up a set of leads, send a pic of your meter connections and I'll see what I can do if you like.

I might be able to rustle up a set of leads, send a pic of your meter connections and I'll see what I can do if you like.

It's long buried in my basement... It had the two flat prong plug in to the meter and took k or j type wire...

Morning.

Wow have not heard about K or J thermocouples in a long time. Different temp ranges if I remember. We had a exhaust temp issue on a 130 when it came back from some major modifications to the wings. One engine was really having temp issues Trouble shot that dam thing for weeks off and on since it had to fly each time. Got to the inspect all the wiring point, the leading edge of the wing had to come off along with a bunch of other panels so we get into the wings where they are mounted, found when depot splice the wires they used a alumel slice on a chromel wire so it was constantly sending a signal. Boy that one sucked to find.

The Flukes are great...

I have one somewhere... However, I don't have any more wire for it... And the wire costs $$$ at Grainger...

Luckily the Radio Shack one will do for my personal needs...

Just the regular leads?

Morning.

Wow have not heard about K or J thermocouples in a long time. Different temp ranges if I remember. We had a exhaust temp issue on a 130 when it came back from some major modifications to the wings. One engine was really having temp issues Trouble shot that dam thing for weeks off and on since it had to fly each time. Got to the inspect all the wiring point, the leading edge of the wing had to come off along with a bunch of other panels so we get into the wings where they are mounted, found when depot splice the wires they used a alumel slice on a chromel wire so it was constantly sending a signal. Boy that one sucked to find.

Those are the one's you don't forget. The worst I can remember was one of our A-6's that the laser wouldn't fire, worked on it all deployment. Ended up that when the AC went to Nadep they cut and capped a wire, and it was BURIED. Seems like an easy gripe but it wasn't a signal you would think would be the one that wouldn't allow laser to fire.

sink.jpg
vote.jpg

Those are the one's you don't forget. The worst I can remember was one of our A-6's that the laser wouldn't fire, worked on it all deployment. Ended up that when the AC went to Nadep they cut and capped a wire, and it was BURIED. Seems like an easy gripe but it wasn't a signal you would think would be the one that wouldn't allow laser to fire.
What did you do? I was a Avionics tech then electrician for a few years.

They set traps and got a few, looking for live capture to affix radio tracker (crazy, good thing they are 2 inches long). Looks like they tracked one to that nest in the tree.

AF calls that Communications and navigation. I did basically all the systems the pilots looked at and the black boxes as a avionics tech Guidance and Control IFF was ours also

-
Back