Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just finished up painting this for a guy and, put the stripe on. Not sure if your doing it on a Dart or not but, it wasnt bad to put on with the exception of where the valance meets the quarter panel. I have seen them cut and wrapped in between the panels and, just layed over(if that makes sense) I took a razor blade a center sliced it so it layed down in the small gap between the panels otherwise it had a huge air pocket there and wouldn't lay down right.

View attachment 1715631728

View attachment 1715631729
Gotta love A4. Beautiful.

Now I can sleep happy

20201109_182648.jpg

Gee i have not listened to the radio, the classic rock station in years and the songs in hearing are crazy.

I just finished up painting this for a guy and, put the stripe on. Not sure if your doing it on a Dart or not but, it wasnt bad to put on with the exception of where the valance meets the quarter panel. I have seen them cut and wrapped in between the panels and, just layed over(if that makes sense) I took a razor blade a center sliced it so it layed down in the small gap between the panels otherwise it had a huge air pocket there and wouldn't lay down right.

View attachment 1715631728

View attachment 1715631729
I would have to look at the original mixes for Mopar paint from back in the day. They did some cool things. The ZZ1 on my 66 is a creepy color. More green than gold but kind of grey and gold in certain light. A4 is the same. Silver but not bright silver metallic. It has some gold and a touch of green in certain light. I would swear it was pearl or flip flop but not in the 60's. They must have done it with different colors of metallic.

I would have to look at the original mixes for Mopar paint from back in the day. They did some cool things. The ZZ1 on my 66 is a creepy color. More green than gold but kind of grey and gold in certain light. A4 is the same. Silver but not bright silver metallic. It has some gold and a touch of green in certain light. I would swear it was pearl or flip flop but not in the 60's. They must have done it with different colors of metallic.
I agree. This was my first A4 paint job and its funky. It looked almost copper until i stsrted to clear it. Lots of gold and that hint green in certian light.

20200927_105245.jpg

20201003_105307.jpg

Now they are playing boy George..... good cruising music if you want to have a gay ol time.

Now I'm feeling like I need to change the channel.

-
Back