Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A guy I used to work with brought in a chunk of bear bologna every year from his dad’s butcher shop. Very good. Not much different than deer or other good sweet bologna except that it was almost black.
I’ll have to ask my son if he ever did any and if they do steak and burgers like others

So I get invited to a trucker freind o' mine's Christmas party at his yard. On the way to the yard I grab a six pack for the cooler. Quite a crowd there when I get there, mostly dirt haulers I knew already. Grab an adult beverage and mingle. They have the BBQ pit going and it smells really good. "Have you gotten anything to eat yet?" I'm asked. "What's on the pit?" "Pedophile Pig". Didn't sink in at first since many of us dirt and asphalt people are a little bit twisted. After another beverage or 3 hunger draws me to the pit. "What ya got there?" I ask. "Pedophile Pig and linguicia. Help yourself." Both were excellent. I cornered my friend to get the story for the Pedophile Pig. Turns out he had just bought a new .500 mag S&W pistol and he and a friend were heading up to the local National Forest to test it out. On the way, right in front of Neverland Ranch, the former home of Michael Jackson where numerous reports of odd behavior were circulating they come across a wild pig right in the middle of Figueroa Mtn. Rd. Good time to test it out as any. One shot and into the back of the pickup and haul ***. Merry Christmas!

PXL_20201219_134758401.jpg
Well, I finally made it to Asia, just not the country I wanted. Landed in Seoul yesterday after 20 hrs of flying. Took me straight to quarentine, for 14, which I knew. But damn, it's like jail. Run by the Korean Health dept, but it's in an older resort. Can not leave the room for 14 days. No special request deliveries. In fact they tell you this is not run as a hotel would be. NO BEER or Alcohol. No Smoking for 14 days. I get out of Jail on Jan 2. Then I can get a flight to Viet Nam. Some pics of my room. Check out the fancy toilet controls

PXL_20201219_134658209.jpg

PXL_20201219_134717174.jpg

PXL_20201219_134744219.jpg

View attachment 1715652779 Well, I finally made it to Asia, just not the country I wanted. Landed in Seoul yesterday after 20 hrs of flying. Took me straight to quarentine, for 14, which I knew. But damn, it's like jail. Run by the Korean Health dept, but it's in an older resort. Can not leave the room for 14 days. No special request deliveries. In fact they tell you this is not run as a hotel would be. NO BEER or Alcohol. No Smoking for 14 days. I get out of Jail on Jan 2. Then I can get a flight to Viet Nam. Some pics of my room. Check out the fancy toilet controls

View attachment 1715652775

View attachment 1715652776

View attachment 1715652778
At least you are most of the way there!

Was going in truck to measure column to build bracket for signal skulls. Looked at the brake indicator and figured i would test it. Prop valve is grounded. Great. So i proceeded to read/learn what goes on. Hmmm. Pulled switch out, cleaned it and re-installed. Guess it was a little sticky. But now when i hit brake pedal, light comes on. But resets. Thinking i need to bleed system again. Will see if i can get my darling wife to assist.

View attachment 1715652779 Well, I finally made it to Asia, just not the country I wanted. Landed in Seoul yesterday after 20 hrs of flying. Took me straight to quarentine, for 14, which I knew. But damn, it's like jail. Run by the Korean Health dept, but it's in an older resort. Can not leave the room for 14 days. No special request deliveries. In fact they tell you this is not run as a hotel would be. NO BEER or Alcohol. No Smoking for 14 days. I get out of Jail on Jan 2. Then I can get a flight to Viet Nam. Some pics of my room. Check out the fancy toilet controls

View attachment 1715652775

View attachment 1715652776

View attachment 1715652778
You had to quarantine regardless right? Will you cave to quarantine agin in VN, or does this cover it? If so, other than not hotel of choice I guess the timing works out the same to get there?

You had to quarantine regardless right? Will you cave to quarantine agin in VN, or does this cover it? If so, other than not hotel of choice I guess the timing works out the same to get there?
Yeah pretty much. I figured if I can get to Korea , then it is easier to get a flight into Viet Nam. Not sure if I will have to quarantine again in VN since the times are so close, But Im pretty sure it wont be a ridged as Korea...Plan is to stay maybe 3 or 4 days after quarantine, to party a little, then catch a flight to VN.... But being without a Beer or a Cigar for two weeks is brutal....I read in the paperwork here, there is a $900 penalty for smoking ( if they can prove it )...Im on the 12th floor and my room has a window, but it only opens slightly, and has a screen. Not good enough to get your head and smoke out the window. And the bathroom has a weak exhaust fan, I already experimented..LOL..So probably just curtail the Cigars for a while. Leaves more for VN, where they dont care if you smoke....

Yeah pretty much. I figured if I can get to Korea , then it is easier to get a flight into Viet Nam. Not sure if I will have to quarantine again in VN since the times are so close, But Im pretty sure it wont be a ridged as Korea...Plan is to stay maybe 3 or 4 days after quarantine, to party a little, then catch a flight to VN.... But being without a Beer or a Cigar for two weeks is brutal....I read in the paperwork here, there is a $900 penalty for smoking ( if they can prove it )...Im on the 12th floor and my room has a window, but it only opens slightly, and has a screen. Not good enough to get your head and smoke out the window. And the bathroom has a weak exhaust fan, I already experimented..LOL..So probably just curtail the Cigars for a while. Leaves more for VN, where they dont care if you smoke....
Guess that puts you in lockdown for Christmas and New Years. That Blows...

Sand paper- 4 bucks a pack.
DA sander- 25.99
Diesel fuel for the heater-65 bucks

standing in Target wearing grease stained clothes covered in John Deere green paint dust while Christmas shopping for the wife=priceless

I'm gonna snap a pic of the Korean Health Workers here today. Full hazmat suits all the time...Like the ones in this pic on a plane.

Here, he just left my COLD Breakfast out by the door. Just like prison..WTH is Tike when ya need him ??? @dartinabout
PXL_20201219_234629778.jpg
PXL_20201219_235045159.jpg

-
Back