Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks like it's in pretty good shape.

It's had lots of work over the years... It was passed around like a cheap ***** before we got it...

My brother had a new cowl put in and the engine compartment painted recently...

That was the first small block that I rebuilt... Built it with my brother...

I ran that engine in my 72 challenger back in high school for 2000 miles to break it in and then took it out....

We bought the cam from a local Direct Connection shop... Yeah, a guy had a shop back then in Midlothian that was a Direct Connection outlet - not a dealer... The guy that ran the place recommended this cam for us, but it was kinda lumpy... My brother doesn't want anything radical, more like a street cruiser so I took that cam out and installed a milder one for him before we just painted it and dropped it in the engine compartment... I just took the cam out and saved it for another future project, because it's an original Direct Connection cam from back in 81/82 time period.... I think it's between a stock 340 cam and the 3/4 race cam from back then....

Last edited:
You would be better with whiskey and 7 or Whiskey and coke. The charred wood taste of bourbon does hang on. Rye's have a spicy taste and single malts are smoother and sweeter but more expensive. When you get into scotches you have to watch out for the peated ones. (they dry the malted grains with burning peat moss) It gives the spirit a distinctive taste that reminds me of the way Harbor Freight smells from the Chinese rubber tires inside the store. I am not a fan. LOL

Meh, I've never been crazy about mixed. Plus now, I am type 2 and don't need the extra sugar. The sugar in any alcohol is bad enough.

Ill go months at a time without drinking alcohol. I never really enjoyed it and I've tried many brands. Everything between beer and liquor.

Some people think its weird that I don't drink. And somebody always makes a big deal about it when I'm out at parties. They for whatever reason can't comprehend that I'm not drinking. Its like it bothers them that I'm holding a water/coke vs a beer. Its always the same questions why, have you tried ect ect. Then they always say "oh its because your a gym nut?" Then they go off on a 30min rant about being healthy will lead me to a early death because their drs have told them ect ect ect. And they always know somebody who tried to be healthy but died young. I had one guy tell me his dr strongly reccomend smoking and drinking because according to him the body needs it to function correctly. That same guy shortly after that got fired because they did a random one morning and he failed the breathalyzer.

That was one of the main reasons I stopped going out so much pre covid. I just couldn't really enjoy my night the way I wanted.

That's me. A lot of people think I am a big drinker but I'm not at all. I've had beer go bad in the fridge. Sometimes I go two years without anything. Then, sometimes I drink frequently. It all depends on how I feel.

Buy or sell?

That was the first family project that never got finished...

It started out as me, my brother, and dad all split it... Then my brother sold out to me and it was me and dad's... When dad died, it became mine... I have too many projects and can't finish it for years, so my brother offered to buy it and finish it...

I used to drink but only one or two and only rarely. My wife lost a good portion of her dads family to alcohol and had an alcoholic step father. It was easier to promise her I wouldnt drink and put her at ease. Only very rarely It would be nice to have a bear with a good steak but a promise is a promise.

So how do you cook bear?

Don't fry things that sizzle and splatter :eek:

And don't get too close to the grill and burn your junk...
cursin.gif
runaway.gif

So Chris said alcohol caused his medical condition? He get drunk and run his truck into a tree?:rofl:

Morning everyone, another mid 40s day, but still windy, 40 mph plus. Looks like it will be a green Christmas here, 50s tomorrow and rain is expected Monday.

Some pics from yesterday...

71 Challenger convert, 340, 727, P/S, P/B, A/C, power top, console, buckets, factory AM/FM stereo radio with cassette, luggage rack, R/T hood....

There were only 176 Challenger convertibles with a 340 made in 71....

View attachment 1715652538

View attachment 1715652539

View attachment 1715652540

View attachment 1715652541

Oh, and I forgot to mention....

The car's original color is dark metallic bronze like in the pictures... The interior is brown... White top... And it had a white stripe, like the dual R/T stripe for that year, but no R//T, it just cuts off with the roof line...

When it's done, the bronze and white will be a nice contrast...

DSC05408 B.JPG

DSC05415 B.JPG

DSC05404 B.JPG

With this stripe in white...

71 Chall Stripe.jpg

71 Chall stripe 02.jpg

71 Chall stripe 03.jpg

That was the first family project that never got finished...

It started out as me, my brother, and dad all split it... Then my brother sold out to me and it was me and dad's... When dad died, it became mine... I have too many projects and can't finish it for years, so my brother offered to buy it and finish it...
Ahh so it’s staying in the family, that’s cool

Lol. Jerkey is best. Never had it but I can't imagine it's moist and tender like Iowa corn fed beef.
A guy I used to work with brought in a chunk of bear bologna every year from his dad’s butcher shop. Very good. Not much different than deer or other good sweet bologna except that it was almost black.
I’ll have to ask my son if he ever did any and if they do steak and burgers like others

-
Back