Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
At 55, I STILL have yet to find an alcohol I really LIKE the taste of. Fireball is the closest thing and there are times........like right now in fact, when I could pour that chit down the drain. I haven't tried Brandy yet, but I don't hold out much hope.

I'm not much for the taste of alcohol, but one of my friends at the repair shop had some home made carmel moonshine at Christmas one year and let me have a sip...

Man, that stuff was delicious... Very sweet and I could see myself becoming an alcoholic on that stuff...

Last edited:
Ill go months at a time without drinking alcohol. I never really enjoyed it and I've tried many brands. Everything between beer and liquor.

Some people think its weird that I don't drink. And somebody always makes a big deal about it when I'm out at parties. They for whatever reason can't comprehend that I'm not drinking. Its like it bothers them that I'm holding a water/coke vs a beer. Its always the same questions why, have you tried ect ect. Then they always say "oh its because your a gym nut?" Then they go off on a 30min rant about being healthy will lead me to a early death because their drs have told them ect ect ect. And they always know somebody who tried to be healthy but died young. I had one guy tell me his dr strongly reccomend smoking and drinking because according to him the body needs it to function correctly. That same guy shortly after that got fired because they did a random one morning and he failed the breathalyzer.

That was one of the main reasons I stopped going out so much pre covid. I just couldn't really enjoy my night the way I wanted.

Ill go months at a time without drinking alcohol. I never really enjoyed it and I've tried many brands. Everything between beer and liquor..

I agree... That's why on the rare occasion that I do drink, it's usually a mixed drink to help mask the taste of alcohol.... Margarita or whiskey sour is good for me....

I agree... That's why on the rare occasion that I do drink, it's usually a mixed drink to help mask the taste of alcohol.... Margarita or whiskey sour is good for me....

Ditto, ill watch some guys crack open a beer and they enjoy it the same way I enjoy a cold coca cola.

Ill go months at a time without drinking alcohol. I never really enjoyed it and I've tried many brands. Everything between beer and liquor.

Some people think its weird that I don't drink. And somebody always makes a big deal about it when I'm out at parties. They for whatever reason can't comprehend that I'm not drinking. Its like it bothers them that I'm holding a water/coke vs a beer. Its always the same questions why, have you tried ect ect. Then they always say "oh its because your a gym nut?" Then they go off on a 30min rant about being healthy will lead me to a early death because their drs have told them ect ect ect. And they always know somebody who tried to be healthy but died young. I had one guy tell me his dr strongly reccomend smoking and drinking because according to him the body needs it to function correctly. That same guy shortly after that got fired because they did a random one morning and he failed the breathalyzer.

That was one of the main reasons I stopped going out so much pre covid. I just couldn't really enjoy my night the way I wanted.
Me too. Never touch the stuff..

Except when I'm awake!

I used to drink but only one or two and only rarely. My wife lost a good portion of her dads family to alcohol and had an alcoholic step father. It was easier to promise her I wouldnt drink and put her at ease. Only very rarely It would be nice to have a bear with a good steak but a promise is a promise.

Good morning.
@WTruo its only 6 hours from Canyon Lake, Tx to Lubbock so its easy to come see my Cousin so all the kids can play.

Then they always say "oh its because your a gym nut?"

Gym.jpg

I overdid it helping load the Challenger convert for my brother yesterday...

Been in pain since... :BangHead:

Some pics from yesterday...

71 Challenger convert, 340, 727, P/S, P/B, A/C, power top, console, buckets, factory AM/FM stereo radio with cassette, luggage rack, R/T hood....

There were only 176 Challenger convertibles with a 340 made in 71....

DSC05393 B.JPG

DSC05404 B.JPG

DSC05403 B.JPG

DSC05414 B.JPG

Last edited:
Man it is cold out. Dam hydraulics on the tractor are not working again at least I put it in the shop to warm up.
You need to swap from standard hydraulic to the winter ah stuff. Its a thinner viscosity but doesn’t break down in the heat either. JF sells it as does rural king

I rarely consume alcohol. Just something i dont do. Social gatherings, the occasional drink.
Put me on a cruise ship, its a different story!!

Just dragged in my 100 lb propane tank and 80,000 btu torch. Decided to relieve some stress on the bumper, had 6” of the bumper glowing in a couple minutes. Wrecked a sheet of 1/8”steel plate i used as a heat shield though. Did get most of the twist out of it too.

-
Back