Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Slow in here this AM!
WTF! We are supposed to get a wintery mix followed with snow starting tomorrow morning. I have a rack of pork ribs in the frig I think I'll smoke today instead of slipping and sliding tomorrow.

Im back. In shop, having a somewhat better cup of coffee. Trying to come up with a plan to clean this engine. Going to set it in a pan and go at it with varsol and a brush. But first, coveralls.

Im back. In shop, having a somewhat better cup of coffee. Trying to come up with a plan to clean this engine. Going to set it in a pan and go at it with varsol and a brush. But first, coveralls.
Lots of crankcase pressure in those old small engines. A little leak and they turn into filthy pigs.

Hey I'm back from the other coffee group. I went in for my annual physical yesterday. Doc said I was doing great, and keep doing what I'm doing.

Covid reeked havoc with my blood sugar. A1C and blood sugar is dropping especially with the weight loss. I go back in three months for another A1C check, and hopefully I'm closer to normal.

He said the Covid with double pneumonia and super high blood sugar was one of the more deadlier combinations a person could have. He said I was close to normal, and of course Cheryl had a few comments regarding that. :eek:

Man they are just pushing these impeachment hearings. To bad they dont do that with other items that need to be done.

Hey I'm back from the other coffee group. I went in for my annual physical yesterday. Doc said I was doing great, and keep doing what I'm doing.

Covid reeked havoc with my blood sugar. A1C and blood sugar is dropping especially with the weight loss. I go back in three months for another A1C check, and hopefully I'm closer to normal.

He said the Covid with double pneumonia and super high blood sugar was one of the more deadlier combinations a person could have. He said I was close to normal, and of course Cheryl had a few comments regarding that. :eek:
Glad you’re on the path to recover. You and Tim both! And Cheryl

Just you look into the tax ramifications of breaking up a retirement account. :eek:
I wonder if there’s a way to shelter that a bit? Like I know you can roll a pension payout into an IRA and avoid a part of the taxes, I think it’s around 20k. But it has to be done in very short amount of time. I don’t know, I think that was highway robbery on AT&T’s part. Courts shouldn’t have allowed that one.

It's Willys Wednesday!

willysgirlIII.jpg

Good morning :D

I wonder if there’s a way to shelter that a bit? Like I know you can roll a pension payout into an IRA and avoid a part of the taxes, I think it’s around 20k. But it has to be done in very short amount of time. I don’t know, I think that was highway robbery on AT&T’s part. Courts shouldn’t have allowed that one.
When I retired I had a final check sick days, comp time, and vacation days. I paid taxes on it and rolled it into my Roth account. I rolled my work 401 into a Roth and it was a lot more than 20k. Going from the 401 to the Roth I don't remember paying a tax. That was 13 years ago and perhaps the rules have changed. I think I had 60 days to move it to the Roth.

So what happened, New hires had no retirement at all, going forward. The union wanted these employees to have SOME kind of retirement because there were more of these then us, And they wanted the new employees to pay the union dues, we were not paying anymore when we left company. So The union agreed to throw the older people under the bus, and just give us a shitty payout. 25 years with ATT. NO retirement!!!! Who would have thought that!!!:BangHead::BangHead:

So what happened, New hires had no retirement at all, going forward. The union wanted these employees to have SOME kind of retirement, so The union agreed to throw the older people under the bus, and just give us a shitty payout. 25 years with ATT. NO retirement!!!! Who would have thought that!!!:BangHead::BangHead:
That's :bs_flag: for you guys.

WTF! We are supposed to get a wintery mix followed with snow starting tomorrow morning. I have a rack of pork ribs in the frig I think I'll smoke today instead of slipping and sliding tomorrow.

We're supposed to get up to 43° today and tomorrow... :D

But down to freezing for the weekend.... :(

So what happened, New hires had no retirement at all, going forward. The union wanted these employees to have SOME kind of retirement because there were more of these then us, And they wanted the new employees to pay the union dues, we were not paying anymore when we left company. So The union agreed to throw the older people under the bus, and just give us a shitty payout. 25 years with ATT. NO retirement!!!! Who would have thought that!!!:BangHead::BangHead:
Yeah I remember talking about that before. Yet another reason i hate unions. Still should have been illegal

It’s a funny thing when it comes to assembling an engine. There’s so many different accepted approaches. In both internet form and book form. For example, last week there was the discussion about which order to put the pistons in my 440. One book says start at number 1, then go 7,2,8,3,6,5,4; the other book says start at 3, go to 6, 4, 5, 1,8,2,7 and then the 1980s Haynes manual says 3,4,5,6,1,2,7,8 .

Then the same books, have 3 different orders for torquing the mains and setting the thrust bearing, then on top of that, the Haynes book shows the anchor slots being on opposite sides on the rod from each other, but if you do that, the oil holes in the bearings don’t line up.

crazy crazy

It’s a funny thing when it comes to assembling an engine. There’s so many different accepted approaches. In both internet form and book form. For example, last week there was the discussion about which order to put the pistons in my 440. One book says start at number 1, then go 7,2,8,3,6,5,4; the other book says start at 3, go to 6, 4, 5, 1,8,2,7 and then the 1980s Haynes manual says 3,4,5,6,1,2,7,8 .

Then the same books, have 3 different orders for torquing the mains and setting the thrust bearing, then on top of that, the Haynes book shows the anchor slots being on opposite sides on the rod from each other, but if you do that, the oil holes in the bearings don’t line up.

crazy crazy
I put them in 2,4,6,8 then tilt thee block the other direction to get the other 4. Easier for me and even with hose on the rod bolts, less chance of a mishap.

-
Back