Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Close to the end and add stuff up and OMG!!! How much?????:lol:
Still need: Carb, Pushrods, Torque converter, Linkage adapter, New exhaust, can reuse flowmasters, I bet with this cam can use stock convertor....

Two more coats and paint is done. Hang door tomorrow and kick it out!

Its snowing...
Painted,and it started to sag, just a little so i walked away. It may disappear as it cures. And it will look better than it did a week ago.

So, what is the difference between older torque converters and newer? Shows 1971transmissions and up only, ?

So, what is the difference between older torque converters and newer? Shows 1971transmissions and up only, ?
The input shaft size. And some of the ones post 71 or 72 were lock up style

The transmission is at Hoppy's, in PA. I bought it from a builder in Pittsburgh, Wolfie picked it up for me, then took it to Rays........I am messaging Ray now for info....
That is why the car cannot be completed till at least Carlisle is over, that is when I pickup Trans.

And I'll see when the lock up's started. Mid 80's I believe.
It was late 70s at least. If not sooner. I have a 78 727 in my charger that had been swapped in at some point, it was a lock up. Found that out the hard way. That’s how I learned about the pan rail numbers and the input shafts

you can also tell by looking at the input shaft @Mopar Tim

get the vacuum secondary spring kit and put the short yellow spring in the vacuum pod (second lightest) and it will scream....

Yeah but if he gets a QFT carb with the adjustable secondary diaphragm he won't ever have to worry about that spring changin bullshit again.

The input shaft size. And some of the ones post 71 or 72 were lock up style
Mechanical lock up converters in 1978. We were both a few years off. I could mark your post with a red x but I grew out of that in 7th. grade.

Mechanical lock up converters in 1978. We were both a few years off. I could mark your post with a red x but I grew out of that in 7th. grade.
I just give it to you to mess with the fun police :poke::rofl:

-
Back