Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Soon i have to go to shop, start decipherin the 97 wiring harness in the 1969 truck. I should have a headache in no time. But if i get it sorted,then we can start it. It will move.

I still have the tool chest and lower cabinet i bought when i worked in the parts store, way back when. Think the lower was 2 weeks wages. Its full too, in my quonset.

It is amazing how many tools you accumulate. I had to get another box just for electrical tools and soldering tools. I actually got a machinist type of wood box that works well and it is not to big to carry somewhere when needed. Hey here is trivia, know what the mirror in all of them is for?

94538_W3.jpg

No fog here. Looks like another sunny breezy spring day.
Fun in Compton yesterday.

I didn't see any current updates on their progress, it may still be burning.

Caught up, good morning men. Craig you still here? Air compressor, get one with a belt....NO oiless....No matter how big the tank...

Craig I like my Husky roll around, reasonable price, drawers are holding up well under load. Also has solid work surface and I didn't think I'd use the power strip but I have, a lot.

IMG_0798.jpg

When I was at the cold storage, we epoxied the shop floors. I went with the tan colored Rustoleum. I like it much better than gray... Added sand for grip. As long as you keep it light, adds grip and still easy to keep clean. I also did the compressor rooms - without sand. Looked awesome, but definitely slippery when wet. Be sure to get the 'pro' epoxy - not the cheap stuff. If you can breath without ventilation and a respirator while applying it, you got the wrong one...

Went to powder coating place today to settle up with leaf spring meltdown mess. Got 1/2 off of the springs, I'm okay with that. Still kills me that they warned me of a cosmetic thing like the paint could chip between the spring packs but failed to mention they could melt them out. It's the 4th time in 20 years, it will happen again, so why not mention it in case the guy bringing them in doesn't know??? Other work looks great as usual.

View attachment 1715695551

View attachment 1715695553

View attachment 1715695554

View attachment 1715695555

So they ruined your leaf springs and still charged you half price? FABO doesn't have an emoji matching my face right now. Glad you're happy with the rest though ........

-
Back