Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
002_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=aU7NTzM76cEAX_H-tZV&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

Not good... Stephen said yesterday that he thought all were accounted for on from Seacor Power. Current news is still saying only 6 of 18 have been rescued. :(

Think i got vaccum wipers beat.
Dont gave a gasket, so i improvised. I brushed tire sealant around the perimeter of the housing to seal the vacuum leaks. It seems to have more power than before. Time will tell.
A teaspoon of brake fluid was reccomended as well. So it got that too. Time to re-install.

Is it only me that likes a smaller garage?
Not anything big or super tidy and clean just a little two car garage with exposed walls to hang tools and fluids, exposed rafters that are full of parts, and cool old tools.

IMG_20200818_193837.jpg

This is a buddy's garage which is EXACTLY what I want mine to look like when I move out.

Not good... Stephen said yesterday that he thought all were accounted for on from Seacor Power. Current news is still saying only 6 of 18 have been rescued. :(
Was it his boat?!

Is it only me that likes a smaller garage?
Not anything big or super tidy and clean just a little two car garage with exposed walls to hang tools and fluids, exposed rafters that are full of parts, and cool old tools.

View attachment 1715723397
This is a buddy's garage which is EXACTLY what I want mine to look like when I move out.
Nice! I like the old school look but the space of the pole barns

Nice! I like the old school look but the space of the pole barns

Yeah, like a pole barn as just a storage garage, for the stuff that you NEVER use but the second you get rid of it you need. or just multiple little sheds strewn about your property.

Think i got vaccum wipers beat.
Dont gave a gasket, so i improvised. I brushed tire sealant around the perimeter of the housing to seal the vacuum leaks. It seems to have more power than before. Time will tell.
A teaspoon of brake fluid was reccomended as well. So it got that too. Time to re-install.
Fail.

Went and removed one from parts truck. Poured in the reccomended lubricant and connected it to the vacuum hose. Way faster and definitely more grunt. So 4th attempt.

Success!! Had to cut lever off weak one and weld it to donor one, but wipers are now Mediocre.
He will pass it now. I plan to add a big vacuum resevoir to it. 4 feet of 2-1/2”exhaust pipe with caps welded on the ends. Simple build.

I'm back... (You are all now warned...)

Had a bad night on Sunday was very short on breath... I couldn't even walk from one end of my house to the other without getting winded... It took me almost 2 hours to get to sleep trying to get my breathing back to 'normal'...

Was still a little winded Monday when I woke up for work and called in....

I called the local clinic and they 'interviewed' me over the phone....:wtf:

Couldn't get an appointment until tomorrow after work.... :realcrazy:

I have to get a chest x-ray, which took two days to schedule... They have a message that says they are closed for the holidays and to leave a message.... :wtf:

So I left a message yesterday and got an appointment for Monday....

It's a good thing that it wasn't a heart attack, or I'd be dead... :mad:

I'm back... (You are all now warned...)

Had a bad night on Sunday was very short on breath... I couldn't even walk from one end of my house to the other without getting winded... It took me almost 2 hours to get to sleep trying to get my breathing back to 'normal'...

Was still a little winded Monday when I woke up for work and called in....

I called the local clinic and they 'interviewed' me over the phone....:wtf:

Couldn't get an appointment until tomorrow after work.... :realcrazy:

I have to get a chest x-ray, which took two days to schedule... They have a message that says they are closed for the holidays and to leave a message.... :wtf:

So I left a message yesterday and got an appointment for Monday....

It's a good thing that it wasn't a heart attack, or I'd be dead... :mad:
Your work lets you in with those symptoms?

@MOPARMITCH
Apparently some Wagoneers made it to Vietnam (other than M-715 models)
https://cj3b.info/Photos/Military/Vietnam/Hue/MarineResting2Feb1968.jpg
from here.
Jeeps in Hué City on CJ3B.info

Doubt any survived there were so few, but who knows what may beat the odds..

That's a regular window version. The ones I've seen in the US were panel models (no rear windows, barn doors instead of tailgate) set up as ambulances or communication trucks.
I haven't seen any Wagoneers in person but I do know they were here. There's a whole series of Viet YouTube videos that show different cities in VN prior to 1975. Slide show with old Viet music. Have seen the Wagoneers in those vids.

-
Back