Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Salty Sunday!

saltpinupII.jpg

Good morning :D

Bacon here too as soon as Becky wakes up......that could be a while lol! I'm glad we were able to get some pork, heard there's going to be shortages this summer (Covid-butchers).
I don’t think they ever recovered from last years

I don’t think they ever recovered from last years

We bought from a local farmer/rancher down the road, he had issues as well with getting his animals processed. I think the thinking is a lot of people will be out BBQ'ing as people will be vaccinated and making up for "lost time".

My wife started to cook breakfast, called me into the kitchen cause the bacon was slab, supposed to be thick cut, well, it is lol!

IMG_2513.jpg

We bought from a local farmer/rancher down the road, he had issues as well with getting his animals processed. I think the thinking is a lot of people will be out BBQ'ing as people will be vaccinated and making up for "lost time".
Partially. But what most people do not realize is that A LOT of the beef grown here, is shipped overseas to be processed and then reimported back. Also applies to all other meats as well. I forget the percentage, but it’s a pretty high amount. So all the port shortages that are affecting things like lumber and appliances are also affecting the food chain.

then combine that with the mad rush of hoarding last summer, the food industry is heavily strained. My aunt works for the USDA in DC and we just had a long talk about this Friday when she was up here still. Her specialty is USDA trade and imports. What she said is kind of alarming. Right now, the country’s has about a 3 day supply of food anywhere in its chain. That’s 3 days of normal buying habits. Last summer, that number shrunk to lowest points since tracking started during the Great Depression. Pre Covid, that supply was 21 days.

Bacon here too as soon as Becky wakes up......that could be a while lol! I'm glad we were able to get some pork, heard there's going to be shortages this summer (Covid-butchers).

If you start cooking the bacon, she will smell it and get up....

Bacon Love.jpg

Seats bolted into buddy’s truck, that could not have gone any better. Just as solid as original bench. And we discovered, i think-we can move steering column towards dash a couple inches. Next weekend.
Thats it for today.
Tomorrow i adjust fargo headlights and take it into town for safety. Cant wait to cruise it.
Think it needs a v8/auto.

Painted the second stage of my valve covers today. Plus a ton of yard work. Now to wait for the paint to dry enough to remove the tape. Kind of nervous to see how it turns out

Well that failed... paint peeled when I removed the tape. Straight down to the primer... 3M masking tape over a 6 week cured base paint, tape wasn’t on but for an hour

I had my son pick up some stripping discs for my grinder, knocks the **** out of the rust. $15 is a little pricey,but looks like they will last. Might be perfect for knocking the paint off the barracuda. As long as i dont lean on it too hard,and heat it up.

-
Back