Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, looking at the trans, the input seal looks perfect and still has some greese present. I did see this pipe plug looking like it was loose. I checked a spare trans and this plug is flush. I took it out, cleaned off the Teflon tape, used pipe paste and reinstalled. Now it went flush. Could it be the source of the leak?

View attachment 1715735541
Very possible.

Better pic of that pipe plug while it was still in the car and after reinstalling tight.

Screenshot_20210510-065647_Photos.jpg

20210510_065931.jpg

Morning, hope that’s it on the leak. Like hoppy said check the converter snout, and make sure the seal didn’t get nicked.

Wound up tighter then a bikini on tic tok this morning :lol: G Swindle words this morning as he fishing day four , he cracks me up :rofl:

Make sure they is no "seal" grove worn on the snout of the converter also.

Morning, hope that’s it on the leak. Like hoppy said check the converter snout, and make sure the seal didn’t get nicked.

The converter snout is smooth, no grooves. The seal looks brand new and internal spring is present. Has very few miles on it. I do have a couple new seals though too. I will have to check the selector shaft for leaks. All the leak appears to be coming from inside the bellhousing. I will verify the pump bolts are tight also while it is out. Need to get it back together and driving by Thursday. Stripes are supposed to go on Friday.

Well, at least it's not raining today. :thumbsup: Need to check/tighten belt on Neon again. Squealed like a pig when I started it at work Saturday night. Then it stumbled and threw a misfire code for cyl 4. Same one it did a while ago. Don't know if any way the serp belt can affect firing? I restarted and it drove fine coming home. I switched two wires last time that code came up. I hate throwing parts at stuff, but should probably just get a new coil, don't thing they are that expensive. Hopefully alternator belt. The other is self tensioned and the tensioner looks like a biotch to replace...

Got more heating oil from the neighbor yesterday. Up to about 92 gallons so far. Probably 20+ in the tank yet. Won't be mowing for him-at least not this round. His guy showed up and did it wet yesterday. Probably a good thing.. I would have been all bogged down in that high grass. He has a wide *** zero turn. That thing blasted the fk out of it. LOL He doesn't want $ for the oil, so will find other ways to help him out I guess. I did give his son a nice load of scrap yesterday including a bucket full of copper and brass.

Got more heating oil from the neighbor yesterday. Up to about 92 gallons so far. Probably 20+ in the tank yet. Won't be mowing for him-at least not this round. His guy showed up and did it wet yesterday. Probably a good thing.. I would have been all bogged down in that high grass. He has a wide *** zero turn. That thing blasted the fk out of it. LOL He doesn't want $ for the oil, so will find other ways to help him out I guess. I did give his son a nice load of scrap yesterday including a bucket full of copper and brass.
I watch the professional lawn care guys on their zero turns. I can't believe how fast they mow and even in the rain.

Speaking of mowing, I should get busy. I have a lot on the "to do" list today.

Speaking of mowing, I should get busy. I have a lot on the "to do" list today.
Oh man !! I need to but it's to wet.
Dry day today but the wife (blossom bottom) said her mom is going to visit this evening and she ask how I feel, I said feeling ok, that was a mistake :lol:
Windows and floor day for me :drama:

It wasn't very tight. I removed and cleaned. When installing and making it tight, it threaded in all the way flush - so about 2 (ish) more full turns. I can change the seal, it only has about 100 miles on it maybe. The trans was full and leaked. It is a pint down (according to dipstick) and still leaks. Should there be sealant on the pump bolts threads?
Pump bolts have seals(washers) under the head. Should be able to see them.

Yeh, I need to cut mine. Should be about dried out. Hopefully the Neon don’t take too long. Guess I should get at it...
Neon is still alive. I tightened the belt and pulled #4 plug. Didn't look terrible, but did a quick cleanup and put back. Belt didn't squal on start, code clears and back to running normal crappy, not bad crappy. LOL.
Time to mow grass (after more coffee)

-
Back