Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Haha
upload_2021-5-9_20-33-3.jpeg

Firebird showed up. A week of work.
Not done with chevelle, no exhaust yet. They didnt ship it until i asked for a tracking number.

So, I took the Demon out for a cruise. Still leaking bad, WTF. Also, the tach quit working as I was trying to see what my RPM is now at highway speed. I do know per GPS, it purrs along nicely at 70 now where it is revving less than at 55 before. Pulled trans. Took 2 hours, not bad for a cripple laying in the garage.

20210509_203753.jpg

Morning!
High of 54 today.
Will start warming up this week.
Firebird for pan gasket, water pump, springs, shocks, brake line repair, fan shroud, motor mounts.patch it up for some summer driving. Then in fall i pick engine out and it goes away for body work and paint.

Morning Monday MOPAR misfits how was your weekend?? Oh that bad...really?? Well here then.

2770047_0537e5a51ce9602e521700c34f755fcd.jpg

Went to look at a church in the city, volunteer to do some work, on Saturday.
It's been closed a few years.
Yep, it burned to the ground yesterday. :(
Sad to see old buildings burn.

Went to look at a church in the city, volunteer to do some work, on Saturday.
It's been closed a few years.
Yep, it burned to the ground yesterday. :(
Sad to see old buildings burn.

It burnt just from looking at it? Ummm

So, looking at the trans, the input seal looks perfect and still has some greese present. I did see this pipe plug looking like it was loose. I checked a spare trans and this plug is flush. I took it out, cleaned off the Teflon tape, used pipe paste and reinstalled. Now it went flush. Could it be the source of the leak?

20210509_205333~2.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love mothers day and all.
Saturday we prepared for a good friend's 60th birthday, we all had a great time, drank and told stories, then the Sunday morning slite hang over hits, and I was beat from Saturday, had to be at my sons home for a mother's day lunch, my wife and I cooked and loaded the food in my truck, loaded two tables and four chairs and off we go at 10 am to set up , I am a tired old fart this morning.

My son came up for the weekend to celebrate Mothers Day and my Birthday, we also celebrated his selection to Med School, good weekend.

IMG_2598.jpg

So, looking at the trans, the input seal looks perfect and still has some greese present. I did see this pipe plug looking like it was loose. I checked a spare trans and this plug is flush. I took it out, cleaned off the Teflon tape, used pipe paste and reinstalled. Now it went flush. Could it be the source of the leak?

View attachment 1715735541
How tight was plug when it came out?
You replacing seal while its out?
I would.
The other possible leaks are pump housing bolts and out the case vent.
Overfilled will cause foaming and it will burp out the vent. It will also foam if the fluid if its low.
I hope the plug solves your issue.

How tight was plug when it came out?
You replacing seal while its out?
I would.
The other possible leaks are pump housing bolts and out the case vent.
Overfilled will cause foaming and it will burp out the vent. It will also foam if the fluid if its low.
I hope the plug solves your issue.

It wasn't very tight. I removed and cleaned. When installing and making it tight, it threaded in all the way flush - so about 2 (ish) more full turns. I can change the seal, it only has about 100 miles on it maybe. The trans was full and leaked. It is a pint down (according to dipstick) and still leaks. Should there be sealant on the pump bolts threads?

-
Back