Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
ok, yes. they all have the sealing washers and were tight
Pump have a crack? Would be tough to see..................... O ring on the front pump? I would for sure replace that while it is out, seeing how you have not diffidently located leak....

Good Morning, Today school is beating my ***, and I can Already tell there will be nothing being done to my duster today. Maybe if O'reillys gets my dust caps in i can put those on but i don't know.
Hopefully if everything goes well, i get my bench back from the upholsterers' and put back in the car by friday. Then on the weekend, I am going over to a buddy's house where we are going to make a new trunk floor and tank straps so I can FINALLY drive my car around. (also maybe an oil change)

Good Morning, Today school is beating my ***, and I can Already tell there will be nothing being done to my duster today. Maybe if O'reillys gets my dust caps in i can put those on but i don't know.
Hopefully if everything goes well, i get my bench back from the upholsterers' and put back in the car by friday. Then on the weekend, I am going over to a buddy's house where we are going to make a new trunk floor and tank straps so I can FINALLY drive my car around. (also maybe an oil change)
Where in So Cal are you? Did I see in the Riverside area?

Necessity is the mother of invention, this took less time than welding a pipe to each nut and cranking em off.
8E5A5949-348F-44B4-B52E-0448E5BBA2DF.jpeg

Almost done with chevelle. Panel behind rear seat to close in trunk . Its missing. Use clear poly for a template, then tape it in after to seal it.

@halifaxhops

so I was talking to my procurement guy this morning at work. I guess back in December he put 1000 USD on dogecoin when it was .0003 cents per share. Sold it when it hit in the .60s and cleared 150,000 USD. I didn’t believe it until he showed me the order confirmations.

No lunch yet. 3 trips to town, and now mo-ho is almost ready to go. Torque wheels and top off gear oil.

The converter snout is smooth, no grooves. The seal looks brand new and internal spring is present. Has very few miles on it. I do have a couple new seals though too. I will have to check the selector shaft for leaks. All the leak appears to be coming from inside the bellhousing. I will verify the pump bolts are tight also while it is out. Need to get it back together and driving by Thursday. Stripes are supposed to go on Friday.

Are you sure it's trans fluid and not a leaking oil plug from the back of the engine??? You may as well check all of those while you have the trans out...

Are you sure it's trans fluid and not a leaking oil plug from the back of the engine??? You may as well check all of those while you have the trans out...

Positive, unless I am using ATF for engine oil...thanks though.

Just was given some information I thought I ought to share. You all might wanna top tanks fuel off. Supposedly the Department of Energy is considering putting rations of diesel and gas out each. Possibly as early as midnight. Some gas stations in TN have already started. This coming via my real dad who is a long haul truck driver. He hasn’t talked to me but twice in 3 years but felt it was important enough to pass on. So take it with a grain of salt. But probably not a bad idea to do either way.

for what it’s worth, as much an *** as he is, he’s not the rumor mill type.

Positive, unless I am using ATF for engine oil...thanks though.
I know an old engine builder here that uses ATF to flush engine oils in dirt track cars. He drains the oil out after each race and fills it with atf. Primes it up with a drill, then drains it and refills with oil.

Just was given some information I thought I ought to share. You all might wanna top tanks fuel off. Supposedly the Department of Energy is considering putting rations of diesel and gas out each. Possibly as early as midnight. Some gas stations in TN have already started. This coming via my real dad who is a long haul truck driver. He hasn’t talked to me but twice in 3 years but felt it was important enough to pass on. So take it with a grain of salt. But probably not a bad idea to do either way.

for what it’s worth, as much an *** as he is, he’s not the rumor mill type.
We will see. Been thru it before.. But gas was less then a dollar a gallon then

We will see. Been thru it before..
That’s what he said too. Said it’ll probably be like it was in the 70s if this drags on too long. I did see where the company involved said 3 hours ago, at least 4 more days.

I know an old engine builder here that uses ATF to flush engine oils in dirt track cars. He drains the oil out after each race and fills it with atf. Primes it up with a drill, then drains it and refills with oil.
Chevy engines are easy to prime. The dist drive gear is on the dist....

Motorhome is done.
Brake pedal travels more than it did before. Funny how that works. One 1/2 of each wheel cyl was siezed. Pedal was hard,and it was a pig to stop.

Last edited:

Just being that careful or running on alcohol? I know alcohol washes the cylinders down a lot. But I believe there are additives to help with that now.

Just being that careful or running on alcohol? I know alcohol washes the cylinders down a lot. But I believe there are additives to help with that now.
I don’t know, I imagine on alcohol to some level

-
Back