Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yeah, I was thinking a machine shop might have some extra, but I was going to see if my buddy knows anyone. home depot is going to be my last resort.

Last time I had need for little bits of steel they just charged me their "scrap" price for what I needed. Just threw it on their scale and $/pound kinda thing.

Speaking of the behind seat panels and package trays, what do you guys recommend to use as replacement wood for those?
MDF?
Hardboard?
particle board?
or just plain old plywood?

You said wood....

BnB Wood.jpg

Just was given some information I thought I ought to share. You all might wanna top tanks fuel off. Supposedly the Department of Energy is considering putting rations of diesel and gas out each. Possibly as early as midnight. Some gas stations in TN have already started. This coming via my real dad who is a long haul truck driver. He hasn’t talked to me but twice in 3 years but felt it was important enough to pass on. So take it with a grain of salt. But probably not a bad idea to do either way.

for what it’s worth, as much an *** as he is, he’s not the rumor mill type.

I appreciate the heads-up, but it's not true.... :bs_flag:

US Pipeline system hacked: What you need to know

At Gas Buddy, Head of Petroleum Analysis Patrick DeHaan said the pipeline shutdown is critical for drivers and stations in the eastern and southeastern U.S. DeHaan told KRLD News those states could quickly see gasoline prices jump by a quarter a gallon or more, with larger hikes possible if the situation drags on.

Interestingly, DeHaan said states that do not receive fuel from the Colonial Pipeline, including Texas, could actually see gas prices fall in the short term. If the pipeline is unable to deliver fuel from refineries along the upper Texas coast and Louisiana, that could back up supplies and lead to an abundance of product from those facilities.

Chicago area motorists insulated from pipeline hack: analyst

(WBBM NEWSRADIO) — While the national average cost of a gallon of gas is on the rise, one industry observer said you shouldn’t expect a more expensive trip to the pump locally.

The rise comes as Colonial Pipeline, which delivers nearly half of the East Coast’s fuel, was forced to shut down operations following an apparent cyberattack.

“This is not so much of a pricing issue because refineries keep turning out gasoline. It’s a delivery issue, and that’s going to affect the states in the Southeast served by the Colonial Pipeline,” Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at Gas Buddy, said.

“Overall, this is something that motorists here are somewhat insulated from.”

Average gas prices have grown slightly in the Chicago area to $3.30 a gallon, and that number nationwide is nearing the $3 mark.

“If we hit $3, it’s going to be something — the first time we’ve seen the national average over $3 since October of 2014,” DeHaan said.

its not that important to me, but my exhaust system consists of about 3 inches of pipe out of the manifold. basically underneath my feet.
there are a lot of holes in the trunk floor and kind of need something that will keep the fumes back there since I took out the rear seat.
My ultimate choice would be sheet metal and sound deadener.
The 1/4” mohagany plywood is about the best availabe choice for me.

Morning. All you gas.number, and sheetmetral chasers.
Off to give more liquid to the vampires this morning.
Stopped all my blood sugar meds over a month ago.
Been a diabetic since 10 years old.
This morning and last 7 day numbers.

20210511_061214.jpg

20210511_061239.jpg

Ray ! Is it me or are those numbers good ? Are they to low ? So you don't need blood sugar meds anymore ?

Ray ! Is it me or are those numbers good ? Are they to low ? So you don't need blood sugar meds anymore ?
Low Mike.
I've been on a study type program for around 6 months.
You had to be sponsored to get in.
They added a lot, I mean a lot of weight to me, then last 2 rapid loss.
All my organics , organs are functioning fine..
Just having low sugar numbers.
If I eat and sit, which is not me. Then numbers stay up.
If I eat and go exercise, or work like yesterday they plummet in about an hour,

I hope it all gets leveled out so you can stay busy, at our age our diet and exercise means a lot to us, good good rest does to, 7 good hours a night is what I like, but I got up to P 3 or 4 times last night so I didn't get but maybe 5 1/2 good hours

I got a solid 6 hours sleep. Think that’s 5 nights in a row.

I appreciate the heads-up, but it's not true.... :bs_flag:

US Pipeline system hacked: What you need to know

At Gas Buddy, Head of Petroleum Analysis Patrick DeHaan said the pipeline shutdown is critical for drivers and stations in the eastern and southeastern U.S. DeHaan told KRLD News those states could quickly see gasoline prices jump by a quarter a gallon or more, with larger hikes possible if the situation drags on.

Interestingly, DeHaan said states that do not receive fuel from the Colonial Pipeline, including Texas, could actually see gas prices fall in the short term. If the pipeline is unable to deliver fuel from refineries along the upper Texas coast and Louisiana, that could back up supplies and lead to an abundance of product from those facilities.

Chicago area motorists insulated from pipeline hack: analyst

(WBBM NEWSRADIO) — While the national average cost of a gallon of gas is on the rise, one industry observer said you shouldn’t expect a more expensive trip to the pump locally.

The rise comes as Colonial Pipeline, which delivers nearly half of the East Coast’s fuel, was forced to shut down operations following an apparent cyberattack.

“This is not so much of a pricing issue because refineries keep turning out gasoline. It’s a delivery issue, and that’s going to affect the states in the Southeast served by the Colonial Pipeline,” Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at Gas Buddy, said.

“Overall, this is something that motorists here are somewhat insulated from.”

Average gas prices have grown slightly in the Chicago area to $3.30 a gallon, and that number nationwide is nearing the $3 mark.

“If we hit $3, it’s going to be something — the first time we’ve seen the national average over $3 since October of 2014,” DeHaan said.

we’ve hit 3.03 as a National average.

But yeah like I said, take it with a grain of salt. I’m not saying I believe him or don’t. Just threw it out there.

Besides, it could also be localized vs National too. Either way, I topped off last night at 2.939, it’s 3.139 this morning here locally. It’s not like I’m not gonna use the gas up.

I need to get some fuel, gas fir mowers and diesel for my tractor. Need to start cutting grass any day.

Shoot I’ve been cutting it for a month
Its been so cool, frost every night and bone dry. Grass hasnt taken off like it usually does in spring. Still havent started cleaning up. Next few days i will start picking away at it. And mower needs a crankcase gasket replaced. Couple hours work to fix it.

Its been so cool, frost every night and bone dry. Grass hasnt taken off like it usually does in spring. Still havent started cleaning up. Next few days i will start picking away at it. And mower needs a crankcase gasket replaced. Couple hours work to fix it.
I’m trying to find tires locally for mine. Proving to be difficult. I don’t want turf tires, I want ag style . Tired of spinning getting up the hill

-
Back