Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks. I would hate for you to waste all those keystrokes. There's plenty of action in the N&P.
Oh here ya go

D56897AE-9591-4B75-BADB-AC55E16805DE.png

A055AB4C-23CF-4DEE-8B82-4BC351436BE0.png

Hello All. Testing week at school. Will be a long week of sitting testing panel and then I test on Thursday.

A couple nice cars. That's the problem looking for a car like I want. I don't need a Max Wedge or a clone. (note that $55,000 price tag)
Now the Belvedere is a bit spendy as well for a roller but unless you do all the work yourself, $25,000 is a reasonable price to pay for what you get. I don't even want anything bigger than a 383. (don't need all the power, bad mileage, and it drives the price up.) I would look at a slant 6 car but a 273, 318, 361 or a 383 would be great. I would love to find a 273 and dress it like a Charger 273. Poly's are cool with a 4 barrel and some cool aluminum valve covers. (spendy I know) Nothing wrong with a 361 or 383.

Got these painted. This paint covered good, but not at all impressed with the spray. Krylon has much better, consistent spray. Was just a slight breeze, should not have been an issue. Just didn’t get a nice wet coat. Kinda like when I sprayed Cinnamon with the HF gun. :BangHead:

11F679BE-7D3D-4D43-8C1B-5178B0FD0616.jpeg

Got these painted. This paint covered good, but not at all impressed with the spray. Krylon has much better, consistent spray. Was just a slight breeze, should not have been an issue. Just didn’t get a nice wet coat. Kinda like when I sprayed Cinnamon with the HF gun. :BangHead:

View attachment 1715817759
whenever I paint stuff, I like the 2x rustoleum.
Expensive but it really does look good when its all done.
But I usually go with 5 or 6 super light coats and one thick coat on top. It takes forever, but it works great.
krylon is a little to watery for me.

Howdy all. Tomorrows the day for Claudia. We have to be at the hospital for 6 am. Wanted to throw a big thanks out to @MOPARMITCH for the help on my master cylinder problem on the 71 Swinger. Also found a collapsed rear brake hose on my own. While I had the rear tire off I mocked up the adapter and 17" rim that it may sport if I ever get to autocross the car. Ignore the center cap.
20211109_115938.jpg
20211109_115943.jpg
20211109_115950.jpg

A couple nice cars. That's the problem looking for a car like I want. I don't need a Max Wedge or a clone. (note that $55,000 price tag)
Now the Belvedere is a bit spendy as well for a roller but unless you do all the work yourself, $25,000 is a reasonable price to pay for what you get. I don't even want anything bigger than a 383. (don't need all the power, bad mileage, and it drives the price up.) I would look at a slant 6 car but a 273, 318, 361 or a 383 would be great. I would love to find a 273 and dress it like a Charger 273. Poly's are cool with a 4 barrel and some cool aluminum valve covers. (spendy I know) Nothing wrong with a 361 or 383.
Hmm sounds like that Vert might be what you need then

Howdy all. Tomorrows the day for Claudia. We have to be at the hospital for 6 am. Wanted to throw a big thanks out to @MOPARMITCH for the help on my master cylinder problem on the 71 Swinger. Also found a collapsed rear brake hose on my own. While I had the rear tire off I mocked up the adapter and 17" rim that it may sport if I ever get to autocross the car. Ignore the center cap.View attachment 1715817783 View attachment 1715817784 View attachment 1715817785
For what it’s worth. I found the tire selection better and more cost effective on 18s vs 17s. Plus 18s clear enough to let you run 275s and 285s up front. That’s an 11.5and 12.0 wide tire for comparison

For what it’s worth. I found the tire selection better and more cost effective on 18s vs 17s. Plus 18s clear enough to let you run 275s and 285s up front. That’s an 11.5and 12.0 wide tire for comparison
18 seems to be todays standard. 16-20 are available on new cars, so most mfgs will at least have ‘normal car ratios’ Selection becomes limited more with each size as you go bigger or smaller. 14’s are getting really tough to find…

Max wedge. That’s what i saw in a guy’s barn. Some sort of bracing in rear of car to keep sheet metal from buckling. This guy does top notch restorations. After it was finished, 4 or 5 guys cruised to south dakota with their cars. A few months later the owner passed and it went back to guy with barn. Then it got sold.

18 seems to be todays standard. 16-20 are available on new cars, so most mfgs will at least have ‘normal car ratios’ Selection becomes limited more with each size as you go bigger or smaller. 14’s are getting really tough to find…
Yep. Try find hay wagon tires these days. None existent

whenever I paint stuff, I like the 2x rustoleum.
Expensive but it really does look good when its all done.
But I usually go with 5 or 6 super light coats and one thick coat on top. It takes forever, but it works great.
krylon is a little to watery for me.
Actually you cant get much cheaper. For White or black, the 15oz can of 2x is 5bucks at Home Depot! I don’t know what you call a light coat, but to me a coat of paint is a complete wetting of the surface. The 2x coverage allows good coverage with a misted tack coat and one full coat.to me this is what I buy when I want a cheap ‘glue job’. Lol. Krylon is thinner and atomizes very well for a nice light coat.

Few nice days hear before chance of rain and getting colder Friday. Near 70 today. Gonna let the inside painting go for a bit. I need to clean up the baseboard heater covers and spray paint them outside today. Clean up the garage AGAIN. Maybe wash a car or 2...

Hey @halifaxhops - they said last night was a 'waxing' moon. Did you get your legs done? :eek: :lol:
No I can prove it also! Instigator!

hoppy tt.gif

Few nice days hear before chance of rain and getting colder Friday. Near 70 today. Gonna let the inside painting go for a bit. I need to clean up the baseboard heater covers and spray paint them outside today. Clean up the garage AGAIN. Maybe wash a car or 2...

I found that ceramic paint works great on baseboard covers

-
Back