Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK can anyone tell me advantages of the Magnum 5.9 compared to a 5.7. Looking around its really confusig.

Probably only make it to the low 40's today, but not showing any chance of rain. So, looks like a run through the leaves is in order. This is the Silver Maple I want down. Hoping to get another quote today. The big Norway ?Maple behind it is just starting to dump. I get a lot of leaves from that too. That one is on the edge of neighbors property. He said I can cut it back, but these are a bit beyond my tree cutting skills and looking much more expensive than I was thinking.

0A57959C-84BC-43E1-82D8-14A0C26A1002.jpeg

Trees are not cheap to have taken down had one next to the house around 20' cost almost a grand.

Probably only make it to the low 40's today, but not showing any chance of rain. So, looks like a run through the leaves is in order. This is the Silver Maple I want down. Hoping to get another quote today. The big Norway ?Maple behind it is just starting to dump. I get a lot of leaves from that too. That one is on the edge of neighbors property. He said I can cut it back, but these are a bit beyond my tree cutting skills and looking much more expensive than I was thinking.

View attachment 1715819910

Younger days. I was a cable maintainer in my early Army career. They issued us climbing gear so on the weekends my buds and I would go top those big pines and take them down. $100 bucks a tree.

Ground is white and coffee is good
good morning Pete, you out in your coffee room we enjoyed? Sun is shining i bet, have a great day

Trees are not cheap to have taken down had one next to the house around 20' cost almost a grand.
True that !! My 5000 Echo model chain saw makes life better here in the sticks, plus it and the wood keeps my heating bill down in the shop.

I need a new saw, have a old craftsman since HI good saw just tired. Stilh is what I want never an issue with them. Just not cheap.

Younger days. I was a cable maintainer in my early Army career. They issued us climbing gear so on the weekends my buds and I would go top those big pines and take them down. $100 bucks a tree.
I would prefer a service with insurance, etc, but may try that route. Neighbors son has a friend that does tree work and I am pretty sure he is a climber. Don’t know if he has access to a chipper. I have a little 10hp, but it would be a lot of time/work

I need a new saw, have a old craftsman since HI good saw just tired. Stilh is what I want never an issue with them. Just not cheap.
I have a Ryobi 18. Just put a new pull cord on it. Starts right up and runs great. But doesn’t want to restart until in cools down again. :BangHead:

Homelite made many of the Sears saws. I have one too. I havn't used it for a long time. It probably won't even run without some new fuel lines and a carb. :BangHead::BangHead::lol:

Hi Mike! Gray day, but bird hunters would like to be here now, 15 turkeys just passed thru yard
good morning Pete, you out in your coffee room we enjoyed? Sun is shining i bet, have a great day

True that !! My 5000 Echo model chain saw makes life better here in the sticks, plus it and the wood keeps my heating bill down in the shop.

Hi Mike! Gray day, but bird hunters would like to be here now, 15 turkeys just passed thru yard
oh hell yea ! I am going to get me a couple this year, brest them out and deep fry.
Enjoy that beuityful home Pete, I can still see your down stairs with the wooden locomotive on the shelf, as well as the view you have this morning

I went all Husqvarna as yard equipment died. Also exclusively use ethanol free (real) pump gas.

Like most brands ... until you get up into the "real" category of use (20" plus bar... high cc engines) the build quality just sucks

Yes ! It is Mike !
Our gas started going down a couple days ago , down to 3.02 a gallon, it was 3.27 a gallon
$2.90 here @ Sam's. Usually the cheapest place in town. Worth a yearly membership in gas savings alone.

I went all Husqvarna as yard equipment died. Also exclusively use ethanol free (real) pump gas.

Like most brands ... until you get up into the "real" category of use (20" plus bar... high cc engines) the build quality just sucks
That's out of my league compared to my cordless trim saw. It's damn handy though.

Contact Nathans tree servive in Halifax get a quote he is fair.
Thanks, Will keep that in mind, but probably pushin the range for him. Kinda doubt he could be competitive coming out this far for one tree. I have a few around closer I will try first.

-
Back