Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I went all Husqvarna as yard equipment died. Also exclusively use ethanol free (real) pump gas.

Like most brands ... until you get up into the "real" category of use (20" plus bar... high cc engines) the build quality just sucks
True, my 5000 Echo has a big block in it, and a 22 inch chip throwing chain and bar.
Johnson Red is the work horse in our are along with Echo .

About the same here at Sams, my wife has a card and she agreed with you
3.48-3.78 for 87 here. Nearly 4.50 for premium. If you can find it. Lots of stations been without premium here. So been filling the Hemi with 89 and using some octane boost .

3.48-3.78 for 87 here. Nearly 4.50 for premium. If you can find it. Lots of stations been without premium here. So been filling the Hemi with 89 and using some octane boost .
Wow !! Thats crazy high, where are you located again ?

That's out of my league compared to my cordless trim saw. It's damn handy though.

Well, I went from 12 acres of hardwoods to an acre of yard with a few fruit trees so it's overkill here as well.

Story time...

Was commuting out of DC one afternoon and just about to exit the G.W. parkway and a dead tree falls across the off-ramp. One car clipped but amazingly everyone got stopped. That road is like Talladega during rush hour.

Get out of the truck and go up to see what's what... Bunch of people milling around. I'm pissed because I had just cleaned out the truck so no tools.

So the Sergeant comes out of me and start getting organized.. Get folks to start breaking off the smaller branches and call the DOT. One person declares that we should not do anything and sit in our cars until the proper authorities show up...

LoL

I pointed back up the Parkway where it was a wall of stopped cars without a shoulder.

Start asking if anyone has a saw. One dude runs back to his car and comes back with a little drywall hole saw. Good enough ... start going at the tree getting about 50% through the trunk and manage to break it and pitch it off the road.

Back in business.

OK..Chainsaw sparked that memory neuron

Wow !! Thats crazy high, where are you located again ?
Indiana. Normally we’re in the top 3-5 for lowest fuel prices in the nation statewide. But it’s flipped now. And nothing changed tax wise

It's Sublime Sunday!

sublimesundayXI.jpg

Good morning :D

Well, I went from 12 acres of hardwoods to an acre of yard with a few fruit trees so it's overkill here as well.

Story time...

Was commuting out of DC one afternoon and just about to exit the G.W. parkway and a dead tree falls across the off-ramp. One car clipped but amazingly everyone got stopped. That road is like Talladega during rush hour.

Get out of the truck and go up to see what's what... Bunch of people milling around. I'm pissed because I had just cleaned out the truck so no tools.

So the Sergeant comes out of me and start getting organized.. Get folks to start breaking off the smaller branches and call the DOT. One person declares that we should not do anything and sit in our cars until the proper authorities show up...

LoL

I pointed back up the Parkway where it was a wall of stopped cars without a shoulder.

Start asking if anyone has a saw. One dude runs back to his car and comes back with a little drywall hole saw. Good enough ... start going at the tree getting about 50% through the trunk and manage to break it and pitch it off the road.

Back in business.

OK..Chainsaw sparked that memory neuron
I’m so happy I managed to buy up all but one of my grandfather’s commercial grade saws. Two big Hasqavarna’s and an Echo. The echo is the smallest. But I paid 120 for combined at auction in June. The one big Hasqavarana can run up to a 42 inch bar.

I bought one of these. The saw disconnects for hand use. It has been handy.
upload_2021-11-14_8-39-47.png

I bought one of these. The saw disconnects for hand use. It has been handy. View attachment 1715819928
Works makes some good stuff, I have a Big..BIG electric chainsaw that hangs with the gas units, ezypeazy on me, I don't like pulling on a start string, I use it for cutting up split oak in shorter peices for my small wood burner in the shop.

Works makes some good stuff, I have a Big..BIG electric chainsaw that hangs with the gas units, ezypeazy on me, I don't like pulling on a start string, I use it for cutting up split oak in shorter peices for my small wood burner in the shop.

Cool..

Right tool for the job

The maintenance truck had a hydraulic saw that was pretty funky. Could be a PITA with the hoses if working out of the bucket... but no fighting a pull cord either

I’m so happy I managed to buy up all but one of my grandfather’s commercial grade saws. Two big Hasqavarna’s and an Echo. The echo is the smallest. But I paid 120 for combined at auction in June. The one big Hasqavarana can run up to a 42 inch bar.

Awesome. Yeah they don't make them like that any more. Never quite understood the modern desire for ant-vibration tech... you're holding a motor :p

From the dudes at Black Rifle Coffee...

:lol:

View attachment 1715819956

A friend of mine (Terry) carried his wife in his arms (small gall) late one nice evening last year at our friends trail cam area to get there picture took , two days later he posted them on his fb page and it went friggin crazy with wild reply :rofl:

-
Back