Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's like the SR71 and Concorde had a lust child.
The XB70 was a hell of a prototype and would have been revolutionary. The problem was the vortex and shockwave it created. It’d suck other planes right into itself

Too bad these aren't.... I love these planes.... They just have that badass look....

750BD409-4E7F-4D21-9544-6BD2B59404CF.jpeg

B660E2A8-90BB-4DED-B660-88AC79CAEE96.jpeg

Loved watching the B1-B taking off at night. Freaking flame from the afterburner was huge! Noisy as hell though!

The wingnuts from Lemoore NAS come over here pretty frequently to play. Cocktails and tacos at Pepper Garcia's at the airport :lol:. Runway is only 2 miles from me and when they start doin' their touch 'n goes it gets a little difficult to hear anything :lol:. I'm sure they spend some time practicing with a carrier out in the channel while they're in the neighborhood. Vandenberg has 15,000' of runway and closer to the beach than here, but they may not have a cocktail lounge walking distance from the strip :lol:

The XB70 was a hell of a prototype and would have been revolutionary. The problem was the vortex and shockwave it created. It’d suck other planes right into itself

I built a model of it when I was a kid and always liked it...

6 jet engines... Wow!!!

-
Back