Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not to many. Mine is the closer one. Was going to build it up but then was thinking I would need a rail to keep the vehicles from falling off. Worst I have had is a car goes backwards and ends up sideways. Unfortunately the only way in or out of here. Neighbors sucks for sure.

Right now it sucks since it has been so cold nothing to do cant really scrape it either. 30's today come on coal ash!

Need plugs? Need to list them.
DSC00780.JPG

Not to many. Mine is the closer one. Was going to build it up but then was thinking I would need a rail to keep the vehicles from falling off. Worst I have had is a car goes backwards and ends up sideways. Unfortunately the only way in or out of here. Neighbors sucks for sure.

Probably a challenge to keep it clear with what you can get for snow. Yeah, I'd be leary about building an "edge", gravity and physics might get ya!

Do you find the "cam style" chains stay on better than the "quick on" or easy fit types? I think quick on equals quick off. I did check them twice for tight going up but once I started wheel hopping that was too much me thinks.
Chains to me are actual chain, with the cams. Similar to what the semi-trucks run.mild temps makes snow slicker than goose ****.
My power wagon with 35” tires would go where very few trucks would go.if i could stay on top.
The conditions you are facing,argo may be the answer. Or trudge…

Argo’s are a heck of a tool, get you places that you don’t necessarily want to be!

The last time it was used by telecom techs it broke down, needed a belt. My co-worker took his snowmobiles and an extra belt out to it and rescued it. The driver walked 6 miles out, not sure of all the particulars but concerning. I don't know how old it is, or if they are still made. We just blew a fuse at our Rockport site, it would be worse to get into than most, may have to use it for that. I prefer driving a snow cat in.

Chains to me are actual chain, with the cams. Similar to what the semi-trucks run.mild temps makes snow slicker than goose ****.
My power wagon with 35” tires would go where very few trucks would go.if i could stay on top.
The conditions you are facing,argo may be the answer. Or trudge…

Yes, one set of those is cable chains, which aren't really chains I agree. I prefer heavy links, with ice breakers, cams. I don't want to "trudge" because of what I'd have to drag up there and realize I forgot something...

Kubota called me yesterday, chains for the tractor are in. I hope I'm not disappointed, told them no Chinese sh#t, cost a bit so hoping good ones. I can ask the HOA to pick up the tab since I'm using them to keep the road clear.

Another co-worker retired, like many seem to do he bought his retirement truck. I've never heard of a Rivian, electric truck.

Rivian.jpg

The last time it was used by telecom techs it broke down, needed a belt. My co-worker took his snowmobiles and an extra belt out to it and rescued it. The driver walked 6 miles out, not sure of all the particulars but concerning. I don't know how old it is, or if they are still made. We just blew a fuse at our Rockport site, it would be worse to get into than most, may have to use it for that. I prefer driving a snow cat in.
They are definitely pricey, high maintenance vehicles. I spend anywhere from 2-5k each per season in repairs and maintenance on ours. But they spend a lot of time in brackish tidal marshes and freshwater marshes. That type of environment especially in the summer takes a toll on these things. It would be tough if not impossible to do our job without them.
We just bought 3 to replace some that have been in service 20+ years and I’m rigging them now.

Yes, one set of those is cable chains, which aren't really chains I agree. I prefer heavy links, with ice breakers, cams. I don't want to "trudge" because of what I'd have to drag up there and realize I forgot something...
Mattracks

LOL have to love this Rokon carb
Carburetor

All-position diaphram type. Engine will run in any position All-position diaphram type. Engine will run in any position

Sort of a friend had one in HI. Dam thing would go up a 60 degree incline. Think of a two wheel drive rock crawler.

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well out here. Not much to report from WI. Just need to finish up some house projects and wait out the winter. Can't wait for MITP!!

-
Back