Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey Rob. What ya ...... oh forget it!:rofl:
I always get you confuse with Jake from state farm!

I seriously wonder if they got that from me. I have been asking phone solicitors that for over 20 years! They never answer it eithe they just hang up. How do they sell stuff then?

It's Thunderbolt Thursday!
th?id=OIP.jpg

Good morning :D

There won't be any early am leaf blowers here today (neighbor runs hers a lot but not till 10 usually). But, chainsaws and tractor, skid steer start 08-0830, I let all neighbors know ahead of time. Not the weekend so that's good.

One nice thing with the avalanche, outside storage boxes on bed rails. Thats where i keep snow brush. Open door and snow usually dumps on seat.

One nice thing with the avalanche, outside storage boxes on bed rails. Thats where i keep snow brush. Open door and snow usually dumps on seat.

My buddy has one, it's older. I think it has the 7.4 liter power plant in it, they call it "Ironsides" lol!

Laboratory test set. Are those tube sockets. Probably for testing tv's and radios. The distributor tester looking thing on the right is for tuners? Just spit balling.

I think you're right, only thing I suspected was the dist on the right, didn't notice what type sockets...tubes....love it!

Drove truck to work today, no more clunking!!

That's great, I hate any vibration in drive train. Maybe you should throw a spare u Joint, socket, bfh onboard in case you have to do one on the side of the road. I'd only really do that if I was still wheeling a lot or had bad pinion angle etc.

That's great, I hate any vibration in drive train. Maybe you should throw a spare u Joint, socket, bfh onboard in case you have to do one on the side of the road. I'd only really do that if I was still wheeling a lot or had bad pinion angle etc.

That wouldn't have helped my buddy's little brother after an event of illicit street activities. :lol: I didn't look too close under the '66 Mustang when it puked the driveline out on the ground :lol:. I towed him back to town with my hot rod, as he steered, the entire time the pinion yoke was trying to eat a hole in the floor of his car :rofl:.

Had a buildup of ice around the h-yoke on my power wagon, -35 morings i would drive in low range to get moving. One morning there was this huge bang, and the front driveshaft scattered. Like someone dumped a pailfull of parts on the road. Bent floor up 4” on passenger side. Made a big expensive mess. Truck became instantly useless.til i fixed it.

That wouldn't have helped my buddy's little brother after an event of illicit street activities. :lol: I didn't look too close under the '66 Mustang when it puked the driveline out on the ground :lol:. I towed him back to town with my hot rod, as he steered, the entire time the pinion yoke was trying to eat a hole in the floor of his car

:rofl:.

I like it! Least you got him home lol. Once I busted a locating pin off the rear leaf spring on my 86 Toyota. We wrapped it up with a ratchet strap and limped it to my buddies house where we put a hardened bolt thru the spring pack and into the shackle plate.

Had a buildup of ice around the h-yoke on my power wagon, -35 morings i would drive in low range to get moving. One morning there was this huge bang, and the front driveshaft scattered. Like someone dumped a pailfull of parts on the road. Bent floor up 4” on passenger side. Made a big expensive mess. Truck became instantly useless.til i fixed it.

I hate that sound, how'd you get it home, 2WD?

Once I was on a trail run with my Landcruiser. I had several rigs behind me when going up a tight windy trail. Suddenly "Pop" and I have no steering (it was Arm Strong steering). Broke the rag joint coupler on the steering shaft to box. Truck was torqued up and things wouldn't line up, wouldn't steer to get the flex right for a bit but eventually did. Trail fix for that, cable ties, nylon, big ones. I won't tell you how long I drove it like that before locating another coupler.... Young and dumb.

Last edited:
-
Back