Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Commonly referred to as the "Malaise Era" for auto manufacturers.... unsurpring.
I think that Challenger is early 80's. Right after the Aspen/Volare 'Dusters'. Then they 'progressed' to the angled box with a Turbo. Thats what the Duster I saw was. I guess later 80's.

Well that was interesting. I just watched a Captain go backwards in rank. And a First Sgt no longer being that either. All from those safety mishaps over the weekend. Wow.

anyway, how’s everyone doing this am?
Well now nothing happens in a day. They could take them out of leadership positions pending the investigation.
Even after the investigation is complete and the commanding officer has made a decision based on the findings there is still the opportunity for an appeal.
They even probably have not been assigned legal counsel. As cut and dry as it might seem there is a process under UMCJ, and this will take time to complete.

I think that Challenger is early 80's. Right after the Aspen/Volare 'Dusters'. Then they 'progressed' to the angled box with a Turbo. Thats what the Duster I saw was. I guess later 80's.

My initial foray into acquiring a classic car I went with Year of birth or when I got my driver's license...

Well I got my license in 1982.... BARF.

64 worked for me between birth year and my first car was a 64 Valiant

Those early 80s cars were a parade of sadness

My initial foray into acquiring a classic car I went with Year of birth or when I got my driver's license...

My YOB was 1956 but I liked the 55's better so I fudged a little.
Hmmm DL year was 1970 lots of options there.
I might need another car.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That would be 64 and 81(IIRC) for me. Passed my test in Drivers ed -Ford Grenada. First driver was Dad's Duster. My first car was a 71 Nova(bought in 82 after graduation). My Duster is a '75. And I have never owned a 64 or an 81 anything...LOL

As many of you on this thread know, I lost my buddy Gunner on Saturday the 16th in Carlisle. I was with him when he died at 11:45 a.m. He was with me for 13 years. We had many many good years together. I am blessed that he did not pass away while I was still in Vietnam. I am thankful that I had almost 3 weeks to be with him before he passed away. Mentally I was prepared for this as he was getting rather old. But I was not emotionally prepared. I'm having him cremated, and next year when I come back to Carlisle I'm going to bring a small amount of his ashes to sprinkle over my swap spots. I want to offer my heartfelt thank you to all of you that were there that helped me, and consoled me in my time of grief. This group of men on this thread are truly awesome and good friends of mine. Thank you all so much again.

Well that was interesting. I just watched a Captain go backwards in rank. And a First Sgt no longer being that either. All from those safety mishaps over the weekend. Wow.

anyway, how’s everyone doing this am?

So it goes.... for good or bad, the head-chopping in the military starts at the top and works its way down unlike in the corporate world.

Well now nothing happens in a day. They could take them out of leadership positions pending the investigation.
Even after the investigation is complete and the commanding officer has made a decision based on the findings there is still the opportunity for an appeal.
They even probably have not been assigned legal counsel. As cut and dry as it might seem there is a process under UMCJ, and this will take time to complete.
Yeah, very true. But the process definitely has started

As many of you on this thread know, I lost my buddy Gunner on Saturday the 16th in Carlisle. I was with him when he died at 11:45 a.m. He was with me for 13 years. We had many many good years together. I am blessed that he did not pass away while I was still in Vietnam. I am thankful that I had almost 3 weeks to be with him before he passed away. Mentally I was prepared for this as he was getting rather old. But I was not emotionally prepared. I'm having him cremated, and next year when I come back to Carlisle I'm going to bring a small amount of his ashes to sprinkle over my swap spots. I want to offer my heartfelt thank you to all of you that were there that helped me, and consoled me in my time of grief. This group of men on this thread are truly awesome and good friends of mine. Thank you all so much again.
Sad to hear my friend. Condolences

My sincerest condolences Mitch. I am happy that you were able to reconnect with Gunner before all of this happened and that he was with you as painful as that is. Having lost my dog of 16 years not too long ago, that still hits me harder than any other loss in my life. None of us is ever prepared.

Thanks for sharing... Be well.

One of my still all time favorites pix from this site is Gunner stretched out in flight over the pool! RIP Gunner. Mitch just terrible sorry but very glad you were there. He waited on Dad to get home. Losing your best dog is tuff.

20130622_174930.jpg

He was a great dog and part of 'Carlisle' for many of us. As tough as it was to hear when he passed, it was cool that he held on for a final weekend there. And your plan for his ashes is right on.
RIP Gunner

This brings back memories of the day Fury left us. You were by his side as he took his last breath, rest in peace, Gunner.

Im still waiting for the strut to show up. So i went after the noise in the Fargo cab. Was a crack in the body where a brace was welded. Got it fixed. Finally.
2 more hours until strut arrives. Guess i will go have a sandwich.

Sorry for your loss ! I know the pain !!

The goats on the Channel Islands won't be the only happy wildlife round here :eek: It's frickin' sprinkling rain on us :eek: Not just the real wet fog of norm, real drops :lol:

Mitch, I want to thank you for the long term care you gave Gunner, any dog would be blessed to have you for there master/friend.
With that said, let me send out my condolences and prayer for strength and healing , I know it will be forever on your mind and in your hart, these great four legged family members are so important to us, our health and happiness as we start our days, I am truly sad at this time, but glad Gunner was with you as he passed
Stay sharp my friend and feel blessed that you had a great friend in your life.

Your northeast Arkansas friend memike.

-
Back