Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Our Mopar club just got paid from the drag strip. A $3500 check sure helps our budget.

I would give away my first born for that! Heck I would toss in all of em!
I didnt have a Hemi car, But.....I did have a 69 1/2 Super Bee A12 car in 1976. Numbers also, had to assemble the 440 engine ( From the Machinist I bought the car from ) Installed it, had the car painted. A real Brute with only drum brakes. But Like an ***, I sold it in 1979 to buy a 60 Fuelie Corvette.....Corvette also gone now....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I didnt have a Hemi car, But.....I did have a 69 1/2 Super Bee A12 car in 1976. Numbers also, had to assemble the 440 engine ( From the Machinist I bought the car from ) Installed it, had the car painted. A real Brute with only drum brakes. But Like an ***, I sold it in 1979 to buy a 60 Fuelie Corvette.....Corvette also gone now....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

We've all been there Mitch

We all have several of “those” cars. I am having that discussion now with Jodi as we contemplate selling the Scat Pack Challenger. One year only, biggest Hemi they ever put in them. Every option known to man on it, I told it will be the holy grail of modern Challengers here in about ten years or so. But we are downsizing and I cannot rationalize why we plate and insure seven rigs. Makes zero sense. But which one do you sell? I have hand built most all of them part by part piece by piece over a whole bunch of years. The modern Challenger I just plain bought but man it is an amazing car. Do we need three trucks? No not really. Keep big Diesel for Farm and keep one 1/2 ton. Arghh!

Chance to buy? Wouldn't that be cool!
Not sure Mike I kinda think not but I'll get in touch with him I hope soon. The picture was from a friend and the owner of the Coronet said I could stop in and check it out and take pictures and hear it run. I have a short video of it running but it's not a good one.

We all have several of “those” cars. I am having that discussion now with Jodi as we contemplate selling the Scat Pack Challenger. One year only, biggest Hemi they ever put in them. Every option known to man on it, I told it will be the holy grail of modern Challengers here in about ten years or so. But we are downsizing and I cannot rationalize why we plate and insure seven rigs. Makes zero sense. But which one do you sell? I have hand built most all of them part by part piece by piece over a whole bunch of years. The modern Challenger I just plain bought but man it is an amazing car. Do we need three trucks? No not really. Keep big Diesel for Farm and keep one 1/2 ton. Arghh!
Hate to see you sell the Challenger John but I do understand.

So here is my downsizing pitch to Jodi. We pretend the cars are fruit trees, ya got AY and EY, alternate year and every year. Since I have built the cars over many years there is no payments on any of our vehicles. We don’t sell em but alternate years we plate and insure. Example, odd years we plate Cuda, even years the Demon? Just plate the diesel and alternate the 1/2 tons. This way we only plate two trucks and one car. Makes sense to me! There is just no way I can ever sell them and get what I have put into them.

It’s finally over, to those who know, check your messages.

now, where’d I put my bourbon

Jeep is fixed. Forgot he wanted oil change too. Back to town for oil and filter. Tomorrow us impala with abs/traction control problem(wheel bearing(again))
At least it will fall out as i never-sieze any hub i remove. Could be warranty.

Good morning

Farmers and ranchers are really hurting here, we did get an inch of rain yesterday, but it just disappeared and was in and out of here within an hour. Selling cattle early they say.
I have a tall bucket of fresh water out with watermelon for the deer and there new born.
Another 100 + week for us here in northeast Arkansas, with no rain in site.

My local farm stand here finally opened... :D

I got some fresh: sweet corn, tomatoes, beets, peaches, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, green peppers, pickles, and broccoli... :popcorn:

My local farm stand here finally opened... :D

I got some fresh: sweet corn, tomatoes, beets, peaches, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, green peppers, pickles, and broccoli... :popcorn:
Sounds good get your butt over here with your produce and lets make dinner. Green peppers fresh is the best. You can keep the pickles though. LOL

Speaking of which, that's how I met my wife. She dropped her 82 Skylark off for a chugging issue. I drove it and so did the transmission guy. We couldn't confirm the issue so she brought it back. She drove it and it was a obvious TCC solenoid issue. Lock up as soon as it hit third gear. That happened at about 20 mph when she drove but at around 40mph when we drove. I met her that night for a drink and the rest is history.

Today you would go through "sensitivity" training for that... :rolleyes:

Sounds good get your butt over here with your produce and lets make dinner. Green peppers fresh is the best. You can keep the pickles though. LOL

They have yellow and orange peppers also... But I didn't get any because I bought more than I can eat already...

They have more stuff also... Many salsas, fresh honey, water melons, cantelope, etc... I will have to take some pictures of what they have sometime and post it.. They aren't fully stocked with everything yet as it's the beginning of their season and they just opened last Thursday...

The corn won't be mature for another two weeks, but it's still good now, just a little smaller than peak season...

Speaking of which, that's how I met my wife. She dropped her 82 Skylark off for a chugging issue. I drove it and so did the transmission guy. We couldn't confirm the issue so she brought it back. She drove it and it was a obvious TCC solenoid issue. Lock up as soon as it hit third gear. That happened at about 20 mph when she drove but at around 40mph when we drove. I met her that night for a drink and the rest is history.

You very clearly married up!

She settled... :D :poke:

Damn gonna piss my pants I'm excited over this find if indeed it's true.

wetting-pants.gif

Not sure Mike I kinda think not but I'll get in touch with him I hope soon. The picture was from a friend and the owner of the Coronet said I could stop in and check it out and take pictures and hear it run. I have a short video of it running but it's not a good one.

Do you have any video of it walking??? :D

Well, I gotta go pick my son up from the airport.. :D

He's coming back from England...

Smell you all later... :eek:

Man it just hit me hard. The last known threat to the family farm is gone.

-
Back