Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pulled the Park housing...

The lock spring was loose and literally fell out...

But looking at it, trying to figure out how to get it to stay in the appropriate slot. It seems sprung?

Stop washer is a bit bent...

And if it matters the passageway on the side of the housing was plugged with liquid gasket...

Open to good ideas or.even some bad ones on how to get the locking spring to stay in place.

20220806_120450.jpg

20220806_121827.jpg

20220806_123844.jpg

20220806_123802.jpg

20220806_114002.jpg

Man gotta love it. After school daycare just raised their rates out of the blue, by 60 bucks a kid. Roughly doubling the rate from May. That’s an extra 480 bucks a month :BangHead::BangHead:

it’s getting to the point where it’s cheaper to NOT work

How many kids you have??? 8????

Stay Off Her.jpg

You should be able to bend that strait tang on that spring so that it seats itself in the slot..........Go Karl...right over the plate...:lol:
@WV64Signet

Looking good so far. Been on since around 8 am. 150 ° internal temp now. The smoker as a It will be at 165° in probably an hour. When it stalls, I will turn it up to 225° or 250° to finish it out. I will pull it at 203° IT and wrap it in foil and then in towels and into a cooler. It will still be 100° tomorrow morning for shredding.

View attachment 1715964720

View attachment 1715964721

Do you know the difference between an oral and rectal thermometer.... :rolleyes:

Something my dad and I tried this year for his garden and was only after I did some research was take the Ashes out of my winters wood burning and he tilled it into his rows.

I’ve been putting the wood stove ashes on my garden for years. Have no idea if it helps, but it sure doesn’t seem to hurt… and that’s the closest place to dump them! :thumbsup: :lol:

Ashes for food...

Last edited:
We went to a maritime museum in Norway and boarded a old square rigged vessel. We felt very tall. As you can imagine we all started discussing how to fight and defend the ship. In the end we decided the men that sailed and battled with those ships were submariner crazy.

Absolutely...

There wasn't anywhere to go...so battles are ferocious... Ships of the line launching broadsides while rigging is touching the enemy ship is seriously balls of steel right there!

1805 is the closeout of the 1st Barbary War. U.S. is still trying to figure out the whole "Navy" thing

I've worked 24 and 32 pound naval guns out of a shore battery. It's freaking cool

It freaked me out to be honest. I just couldn’t even imagine it. Every time I watch the master commander movie I remember being on that ship. Then imaging the medical triage after battle with resources and skill set available takes it to another level. Just seemed kind of like a knife fight, even the winner is bleeding. No thanks…..I think I would have dove overboard into mothers arms and swam to shore.

My '72 Swinger that was purchased as my daughter's first car was almost a
Studebaker
th?id=OIP.jpg
Commander with a 389 tri-power Pontiac, 4 spd with 10" Cragars on the back. Friend of mine was selling real cheap and it was an animal :steering:. The light bulb of common sense came on one day before I bought the Studee :lol:. ":wtf: are you thinking getting your 16 yr old daughter a 350 horse 4spd car?" I found the Swinger shortly after :lol:

Lol I’m still in the dog house. But hey, I finally figured out why.

so Saturday afternoon, I ran to the store to get some storage totes that she wanted as she sorted thru baby clothes and toys. While driving down the highway, she messages me that she had decided not to go to her friends for girls night, which she hadn’t even said a word about and admits she never said anything prior about it but I wouldn’t have cared and never have cared when she’s gone in the past.

I simply replied OK cause I was driving and thought nothing more of it. Well, Apparently I screwed up by not overriding her decision and telling her to go. she’s been mad at me ever since :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Lol I’m still in the dog house. But hey, I finally figured out why.

so Saturday afternoon, I ran to the store to get some storage totes that she wanted as she sorted thru baby clothes and toys. While driving down the highway, she messages me that she had decided not to go to her friends for girls night, which she hadn’t even said a word about and admits she never said anything prior about it but I wouldn’t have cared and never have cared when she’s gone in the past.

I simply replied OK cause I was driving and thought nothing more of it. Well, Apparently I screwed up by not overriding her decision and telling her to go. she’s been mad at me ever since :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

back from the swap meet. Didn't buy a darn thing..lol all done back reading .
Yard sailing was a bust. Didn't feel like playing the auto store computer game so came home and ordered actual Mopar linkage bushings from Rock auto. Should have by mid-week.

-
Back